Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I am driving down hill with my foot off the gas I hear a ticking or clicking noise coming from the front of my Murano. Has anyone else heard this kind of noise?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mine does. It's not only going down the hill. The sound is like I have a peice of something stuck on my wheel and it hits the underneath of the car. Nothing's there. I am not exactly sure where the sound is coming from. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The sound does vary with speed. It also varies with the drive ratio selected and the steepness of the hill. The more the Murano is being held back by the engine the louder the sound.

I see that KGBhoy is also from Colorado. It must have something to do with our steep Colorado mountains.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Maxtra-

I haven't noticed the same symptoms. Have you asked your service manager about this?

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Sounds like the classic case of parking cable hitting the retainer clip on the axle shaft. Have your dealer inspect and adjust the cable.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
zebelkhan said:
Sounds like the classic case of parking cable hitting the retainer clip on the axle shaft. Have your dealer inspect and adjust the cable.
BINGO! As usual you got it Mr. Z
Do a search of this forum for more info. There is even a TSB out on it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am a car dummy. Could someone explain to me what is happening exactly? And where I can see the TSB? (I did a search - couldn't find it).

Thanks!

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
KGBhoy said:
I am a car dummy. Could someone explain to me what is happening exactly? And where I can see the TSB? (I did a search - couldn't find it).

Thanks!
KGBhoy-

This link will take you to NissanHelp.com. It lists all recalls and Technical Service Bulletins (TSB) for the MO.

http://www.nissanhelp.com/Bulletins/Murano/2005/1.htm

-njjoe

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
So, I have taken my car in twice for this. And each time I take it there, the noise disappears. I go to the mountains, come back and the noise is there.

Basically, they can't reproduce it :-(

Any ideas on how I can get it fixed!?

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Uh well yeah do it yourself or take it to an independent shop. Still though make sure its the parking brake doing it, press on the parking brake and see if it makes the noise goes away. If the noise is coming from the front of the vehicle I'm not sure that would be the parking brake issue but noises can sound like they are coming from places they are not.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts