Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long do you guys recommend between waxes? I heard 4 to 6 months, but that was from a detail shop and I think they were talking about THEIR wax.

Any thoughts? I don't have an actual car wax, but I do have a Meguiar's quick wax spray. I heard these are for in between actual waxes...

·
Windy City MO :)
137 Posts
Doombringer said:
How long do you guys recommend between waxes? I heard 4 to 6 months, but that was from a detail shop and I think they were talking about THEIR wax.

Any thoughts? I don't have an actual car wax, but I do have a Meguiar's quick wax spray. I heard these are for in between actual waxes...
I use the same quick spray for in between waxes.

Being in Chicago, our city loves to use road salt for the winter. So this is my yearly routine for three waxes a year.

1.) Right after winter, in the middle of spring or the first weekend that it's about 65 degrees.
2.) Middle of summer, in July sometime. Depending on how the finish feels I might clay.
3.) End of fall. Right before the winter season.

I normally use the wax spray every other washing. I don't see a difference in shine but it does help with keeping some dust and dirt off the vehicle. It makes the washings a little easier.

That's my ritual. :D

·
Registered
834 Posts
I'm almost right inline with OGzMurano, I just skip mid summer. Too hot.

·
Windy City MO :)
137 Posts
Enforcer said:
Well, I can tell I'm obsessed. I try to wax both the MO and Z at least once a month, the spray wax every week or two. Hey, it's great exercise! :D
Obsessed? Nawwwwww. Look at that stable of yours. :D I would be the same way with our Mo but I've got two other cars, besides the MO, to maintain. :p

This reminds me of when I was a teenager. My dad had a three car heated garage and my car stayed clean almost everyday, through rain, snow, brid crap and whatever mother nature could throw at it.

My neighbors used to say that I was going to wash the paint of of my car. I was so obsessed, that I used to vacuum it 4-5 times a week, apply armor all every other day and would remove the dust a couple times a day. :2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts