Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK as Murano owners we all obviously appreciate stylish automobiles and many of us are dying to individualize or MOs but the lack of aftermarket products is just so frustrating!!! I feel that the MO has been out long enough now that we should be seeing more products for it by now. I suggest that when we see a product that we think would be good for the Mo that we all e-mail the manufacturer asking if they have any plans or interest in producing it for our MOs and also refer them to this site so that they can see our enthusiasm for our Muranos. I have already done this a few times but If we all do this manufacturers will see the demand for their products and make them available to us. If you see any product you are interested in post the details here so that anyone else who is interested can e-mail the manufacturer as well.

·
4,664 Posts
It reminds me of my Les Paul guitar and my Giant XTC mountain bike. They're both already close to perfect, so there's not much someone could sell me to improve it!

What accessories do you have in mind?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
well the murano is commin out in japan soon so that could only signal one thing. cool parts, maybe body kits, engine upgrades, cheep little upgrades. can't wait. the mraket should have exploaded for the murano already. maybe it's all the curves that causing companies trouble.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just want some options so we can all individualize our MOs if we choose, I know some people prefer it just the way it is, but many of us want to put our own personal stamp on it much the same way you have with the electronics in yours jaak. Some things that would be nice to see are some choices of different tailights, LED turn signal mirrors and some other grilles since I dont really care for the ones that are out. I would really like a nice low profile window wiper cowl so that I dont have to worry about someone pulling up my wiper blades and chipping the paint on the edge of the hood. That was a real bad design, I always have to stand over the person doing my windows at the car wash to make sure they dont lift them, and you know if you ever get a parking ticket the cop is just gonna yank them up. Im just saying it would be nice to have some choices out there.

·
4,664 Posts
I agree... I was just having a hard time figuring out what I'd want to add, that someone could make.

I like the grille, and have yet to see an aftermarket one that looks better. I do believe there is room for improvement on it though, but the aftermarket people don't want to spend the money on doing one that has the same depth. They'd much rather stamp out something and bend it to fit, which doesn't give the same depth as the Murano's grille.

I'm still thinking about what I'd change... I like it, the way it is! And I suspect that's part of the problem. No point in making accessories if the owners won't buy them. LED Taillights might be nice....

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
This is something that I have thought about and here is a quick list of what I would like to do if money and time permitted:
-Debadge car
-Custom rear center badge
-chrome rocker panel bar
-20/22 inch deep dish chrome rims (nothing too bling bling though)
-HID fog lights with 10000K lights (my 7500K just dont match the headlights well)
-generator's NAVBOX
-generator's NONAG
-rear view camera (tons of little kids in my plan and backing out of the driveway is just too scary with them around. It doesnt help that they know me as "the guy with the nice lights" and want to chase me around the streets)
-LED turn signals in mirrors
-crossbars for the roof
-LED Brake lights
-Tow Hitch
-Tinted front windows
-Different "attractive" grille
-a real Subwoofer in the rear tirewell
-two screens behind the two front headrests

That's all I care to think of...all of the $$$ signs are giving me a headache ;)

·
4,664 Posts
So when I look at your list, my desires are a little different:

-Debadge car
At first I wanted to, but not now... Changed my mind!

-Custom rear center badge
I'm good with the Nissan one.

-chrome rocker panel bar
Not for me, this would draw the eyes to it, which I don't want.

-20/22 inch deep dish chrome rims (nothing too bling bling though)

I like the styling of the OEM 5 spoke, but I wish mine were chrome. I've thought about 20's or more and while they look great, I cringe the few time's I've bumped a curb with the 18's. Yet there's enough of a sidewall that I've yet to get a ding or scrape on one. I'd freak if I spent a wad on 20's and scraped them up.

-HID fog lights with 10000K lights (my 7500K just dont match the headlights well)
Yeah, well I wanted the HID's from day one, but wasn't going to spend 7K to get an SE for HID's, as the other options weren't critical to me. I'd retrofit the HID's if I owned this one.

-generator's NAVBOX
Need Nav, which means SE due to Canadian options which means additional $10,000 over SL. There's a lot of other things I can do with 10K

-generator's NONAG
Of course!

-rear view camera (tons of little kids in my plan and backing out of the driveway is just too scary with them around. It doesnt help that they know me as "the guy with the nice lights" and want to chase me around the streets)
Yeah, and that's on the Japanese version, so you could even retrofit with genuine Nissan parts.

-LED turn signals in mirrors
Always nice...

-crossbars for the roof
Available now, too bad they're not adjustable.

-LED Brake lights
Now why didn't they do this to begin with? (I know, it's not an Infiniti... Marketing positioning of the products.)

-Tow Hitch
Yup, got it.

-Tinted front windows
Some days yes, some days no... I want her to see me wink!

-Different "attractive" grille
Yet to see one I really like, but yes.

-a real Subwoofer in the rear tirewell
yeah, something that doesn't roll off at the bottom end, but it's better than my 2000 Maxima SE was.

-two screens behind the two front headrests
I'm not there, so I don't care!

I'd like integrated Bluetooth for the Cell phone with voice recognition and have the use of the cell phone icons in the display!

Also Voice control of an MP3 player that has network access from my desktop so I can load songs remotely and wirelessly.

Oh, and the Nav system needs to link to the highway cameras, when available, wherever I drive.

While I'm at it, text to voice for incoming text messages on the cell phone.

Of course, this has to cost no more than $500 for all of it. (ROTFL):19:

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Now Jaak, you know that I'm happier that you don't want all of these mods, afterall, if you did, then our cars would be too similar, and I can't have another one running around that looks like mine! It's all a quest for individuality. A sunlit copper Mo stands out amongst the crowd as it is, but that's not enough. My end goal is to have it look as factory as possible, but a lot of little personal touches that only a real enthusiast will catch.

·
4,664 Posts
Oh, don't get me wrong.... I'm all for that! It's the different styles and tastes that make it fun!

If I could, I'd have shadow flames put on mine. Something that isn't that visible until the light hits it at the right angle and then you go "Wow! That's cool!"... And a supercharger...:creeplook

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
And a spare CVT lying around...just in case. ;) Better yet, give me a 5/6 speed MT and...nah, I'm too lazy and the MO is far too fat to want to shift all the time.

·
4,664 Posts
Why would I change to a 6 speed when I already have a 100's of speeds? I just need a full backup assembly, so I can drop out one and swap in the other, for when I fry the CVT. (each time...)

Ah, a Murano performance dream garage... Superchargers, CVT's and Alternators, sitting on the shelf, ready to be used...:D

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey everyone I contacted this company about their retrofit signal mirror kits to see if they had plans to produce one for the Murano. This is a kit that replaces the actual mirror in the housing. It has the LED turn signal chevrons built in to the mirror but you cant really see them until they are turned on. This is way better than the cheap stick on ones you see on ebay. Any ways this is the response I got below. Basically If we want them they want to hear from us!!!

Thank you for your interest in Signal® Mirrors!

We currently do not have plans to develop a Signal Mirror® retrofit specific kit for your Murano. This is due to low customer demand to date. Your request is important and helps us to determine what customer interest exists for specific vehicles. We will contact you if we do offer a kit in the future. If you have other members of your web forum that feel as you do, I would suggest to have them contact us to express their interest too. http://www.muthco.com/vehiclerequestform.htm

·
4,664 Posts
Done!:D

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Yup, thanks for the link..

I have been searching for this alternative since the beginning of my murano ownership. This definetely will be a good mod.
:D

I filled up the form.
Hope muthco one day, will decide to market it.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I just put in my vote :29:

·
Registered
777 Posts
I'm in & have been watching their board since I bought my MO!
Hopefully with the votes coming in we can get a mod going!
I suggested a group buy on this great board. :D

·
Registered
758 Posts
and another!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
And still another vote cast.

SuperBlk MO

1 - 20 of 114 Posts