Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Love my Murano ... wish it didnt have so much chrome though .. not exactly a shiny kind of girl. 🤷‍♀️
Anyway .. thinking about tinting my front and rear lights ... anyone done this yet ?? I'd love to see pics.
Also my rims .. factory rims (SL) I bought it used and the last owner clearly had a fondness for curbs 😢 I cant afford to buy new .. should I paint them black ??
I've done both before on previous vehicles .. never owned a white vehicle before though and not sure about the look.
Thanks !!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like it. What product did you use?

Thanks !!
VHT Nite shades .. I called around and it cost $120 to wrap just the rear lights .. so I figured i will try it on my own for $15 and if I keep it up .. wrappers here I come !

·
Registered
959 Posts
For a long time I tried to do the same, I tried many things and none worked well, so I gave up.
I tried VHT, but did not like the end results, it looked dull, and it is hard to get the right shade. Also VHT is not as shiny even if you had the gloss afterward.
It is better to use vivid wrap, makes it look like oem.
The murano tail lights have lots of curvature, so it is very hard to wrap it, you need a real profesional to do it, IMO $120 is worth it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
View attachment 51725 Love my Murano ... wish it didnt have so much chrome though .. not exactly a shiny kind of girl. 🤷‍♀️
Anyway .. thinking about tinting my front and rear lights ... anyone done this yet ?? I'd love to see pics.
Also my rims .. factory rims (SL) I bought it used and the last owner clearly had a fondness for curbs 😢 I cant afford to buy new .. should I paint them black ??
I've done both before on previous vehicles .. never owned a white vehicle before though and not sure about the look.
Thanks !!

Black aftermarket headlights, taillights next with tinted vinyl wraps

View attachment 51725 Love my Murano ... wish it didnt have so much chrome though .. not exactly a shiny kind of girl. 🤷‍♀️
Thanks
Black aftermarket headlights, taillights next with tinted wraps
Thanks !!
Thanks !!
Thanks !!

·
Super Moderator
8,348 Posts
Just my opinion...anything which reduces the light emission from headlights or taillights reduces both my vision in front, and the ability of others to see my taillights. Neither of these seems desirable.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just my opinion...anything which reduces the light emission from headlights or taillights reduces both my vision in front, and the ability of others to see my taillights. Neither of these seems desirable.
I agree with you 100%, but the lenses on my headlights aren't tinted... it's the inside chrome accents are. As for the taillights, my 3rd brake light is not tinted and pretty you can still see my turn signals blinking if you are behind me. Tinting the taillights are just for looks for me, just don't tailgate me... lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts