Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
gr8wall

Looks Awesome. Was it expensive to have done?

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
I agree, I think it looks pretty darn good! Are they Street Legal?

Edit, found the info on the site:
Q: Are they legal?

A: Each state has it's own laws regarding tinted tail lights. What's most important is that no matter how dark you get your tails tinted, the light still shines through and shines in the same color as if the tails were still untinted. The tint does not change the color of either the brake, turn signals or reverse lights. What I usually recommend to people is that if you are worried about getting pulled over, go with a light tint. Check with your local laws to see if they are legal. Please note, I can not accept any responsibilty if you get a ticket for them.

·
4,664 Posts
Yeah, looks really good!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Very nice. How much did it cost?

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Any more pics from directly behind?

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
Wow. Those look sweet! Could a good tint shop do that?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
another pic

Sorry for the dirty car and ****ty background.
I will get better pics ASAP.

as for your questions.

You should contact Jon via his email for pricing.
A tint shop deals with film this is a paint plus clear coat.
Turnaround time is pretty fast.

Also, You get what you pay for..........

·
Registered
117 Posts
That looks really good, something I might have to consider getting done myself :cool:

As other people have asked, how much??

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
I see you did the 3rd brake light too.

Is that medium, or dark?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh yeah forgot to mention that.
The third brake light, if you notice is actually darker than the tails before the tint. I asked that Jon match them up as best as he can. He did a good job on that. The tails are medium and the third brake light is a light/med.

For those who want to know price, He charges $110 to do all 3 and its well worth it. Yes, he did cut me a break as it was his first Nissan/Murano. He usually does euro cars like VW/Audi and he has plenty of experience with those as you can see from his site.

I really do like it because the red was just too bright. I wanted it looking like those TV ads were the cars are all blacked out, but of course safety and tickets are an issue so I didn't want it too dark and there are cars on the road with dark red oem tails so mine should not draw too much attention from the cops.
So on a real bright day you will see the red and at night with no lights on it will be black and on a overcast day they will show deep red. When lights are on, its all red and yes you can still see the lights from afar.

If you guys want, I can post better pics and show what they look light at night with lights on after I clean the car, I have also promised Jon a better set of pics for his website.

·
Registered
265 Posts
So what did you have to do? Park until you got you lights back or did you buy another to have him tint?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No I did not buy an additonal set of tails, that would be some serious dough. I have a beat up civic as my second car so I drove that instead. I removed the stuff and gave it to Jon. As for the naked car I bagged the bulb with wires and I taped up all holes with painters tape to keep it from getting wet as I park my ride outside of the garage.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
how did you take off the tails??

·
Registered
443 Posts
In Cali, if you tint your tail lights and you are rear ended, you can forget about the other driver's insurance paying for the damage... it's on you. "Modification has lead to reduced visibility of brake lights" Happened to a friend of mine in college.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Halo said:
In Cali, if you tint your tail lights and you are rear ended, you can forget about the other driver's insurance paying for the damage... it's on you. "Modification has lead to reduced visibility of brake lights" Happened to a friend of mine in college.
That's interesting, I thought a person could have NO taillights and if you rear ended them, it's still your fault for not having enough cushion between the two cars to give your fair amount of time to brake. I'll look into it before debating with you though!!! I could be wrong. :D

·
Registered
100 Posts
That's a bogus excuse the insurance companies use to get out of paying. Let's face it, if you hit someone it doesn't matter, you hit them. I don't know what the laws are in MA, but I would think it wouldn't matter. If that were the case and I managed to knock out both tail-lights, I'd just claim they weren't working.

You hit a pedestrian in the street that is not in a cross-walk, you still have to pay. You don't get out of it because he was jay-walking. I hate insurance companies! They're like unions, you very rarely get anything worth what you put into them. :3:

·
Registered
265 Posts
I think your friend got ripped off by the insurance company. Here is a link to whats legal and not legal in California.
http://www.chp.ca.gov/html/streetlegal.html

"Tail lights that are too dim, washed out or show yellow, white or other colors (24600 VC). "

Its sort of subjective of course. Someones "too dim" might not be the same for others, but leaves room to fight for it. Interesting enough there is a law for if our headlights are to bright.
:mad:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts