Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a pic of there front windows tinted that matches the privacy glass tint. I would like to see what it looks like because I am looking to get it done.

Thanks,
Swill

·
Registered
466 Posts

·
Custom Knife Creations
293 Posts
don't forget.. tinting the front windows is illegal in some states/provinces...

·
Registered
758 Posts
Tint

I had my windows tinted but I am not very satisfied. Guy who tinted them stated he would match the back as close as possible within legal limits. To me the back appears much darker. I think he used 30% LLUMINAL tint.

·
Registered
466 Posts
That looks very good if you want to stay legal. I had my windows tinted to match the back, but it is illegal...I am taking my chances right now...

·
Registered
777 Posts
N2 do I remember that you added additional tint to the rear passenger windows to make them even darker? :cool:

·
Registered
758 Posts
milgrad

I know what your saying, I had a buddy who was given 24 hours to scrape the tint off of his windows when I lived in Pittsburgh. Living in Florida, they are not so sensitive to it. To me it is almost a must have down here. After thinking about it, I should have just had the installer write me a cash receipt and had him put darker tint on and forgone the warranty. That way there would have been no record of it and he would have been able to install to match the back. Lesson learned for next time!!

·
Registered
564 Posts
FYI: As a general rule of thumb, the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards at 49 C.F.R. 571.205 require that any glazing (i.e., glass) used in passenger cars, light trucks or multipurpose vehicles "at levels requisite for driving visibility" meet 70% light transmittance or better. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has determined that for SUV's like the Murano, this includes the windshield and windows to the immediate sides of the driver and front passenger. Windows past that point to the rear are not considered "at levels requisite for driving visibility" so may be darkened more than 70% - hence the privacy shading. This applies to minivans as well. States may only enact their own regulations to the extent they mirror FMVSS requirements.

Jim

·
5,268 Posts
toemorrison

I like the look of your MO...........it looks great with the tinted front windows. Did you have this done or did you di it yourself.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks,

I drove it straight from the dealer to a place called Accutint in Bellevue WA. The tint they used was Llumastar, cost $79 plus tax.

I picked the Llumar as I had heard it is clearer that some of the other products. Now that is has dried, it is hard to tell from the rest of the car.

I have similar tinted windows (20%) in another vehicile and have never been stopped or had problems seeing through. I would not reccommend going any darker though. You do see some 10% and 5% around - they look way to "pimpin" for me.

Regards,

Tom

1 - 15 of 15 Posts