Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of people already know this, but for those who don't...

Sometimes dealers have a hard time finding a MO in the particular model/color/option combo you want. I don't pretend to understand why, but you can arm yourself by doing your own search.

Go to Nissans website click on the MO, enter your zip code, pick your model (SE or SL), click on Design Your Nissan. After you get done picking your stuff, click on Next Locate This Vehicle. You can then search dealer inventories for matches to what you just finished choosing. You can change your zip code and increase the search radius to that zip. Look for 5 blocks.

I tried multiple city zips from Alabama to Ohio and found three matches of exactly what I wanted. Took all three into my dealer and and they liked dealing with one of the dealers I found, made a trade with them and had mine shipped down. Saved me from having to do it. Got it in two days. Also, my dealer was telling me how proud they were of this new software program they had for searching...but when they used it, they couldn't find the ones I found. LOL!

Find multiple ones if possible. Some dealers don't like dealing or trading with others and even if you want to go there yourself...ordered vehicles show up on that list too. For example, when I pre-ordered my Z, I knew it was on the way to my dealer before they did. My VIN that Nissan sent me in the mail showed up in their inventory on that Nissan website. The story on the Z was when the car was processed at the dock receiving center is when it shows up on that website. Then it gets transported by car carrier.

·
Registered
487 Posts
When I saw the title for this thread, I thought it was referring to finding your MO in a parking lot.

I was going to say... it's the car hidden by the crowd of people around it.

Or, look for the old Caddy's with the 9 foot doors. Your MO is probably next to one or two. ;)

·
Registered
777 Posts
I can always find mine at the farthest out parking spot in the corner the lot!:rolleyes:

·
4,664 Posts
I've estimated that it takes about 200 milliseconds to spot the Sunlit Copper in a parking lot. However, I've walked right by the Silver, when it was between a couple of minivans. It actually surprised me, as there it was! Boo!

It's been quite handy!:crazyeye:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks Enforcer :) & everyone,
I used your suggestion and am picking it up Saturday morning. At first my dealer said they couldnt find a Black/Charcoal SE with the navigation, then they found one 2 states away. I told then i found 6 online within 3 hours, Finally i had to give them the dealers info so they could call them. They ended up getting it to me for $90 more than if i went and wasted a whole day to buy it from the other dealer.

Thanks Again Everyone for the SE vs SL info too.

Rich

1 - 8 of 8 Posts