Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder how much tire air pressure the nissan murano takes. I usually put 33 but is there a right air pressure? Should there be a difference between the front wheels and the rear wheels?

·
Registered
26 Posts
tire pressure

I generally look at the tire sidewall, and go with max or near max pressure rated for specific tire. I believe my stock Murano's tires say 44 max PSI. More firm ride, and a couple of mpg better gas mileage on dry road surfaces. I will go down to 32-35 for winter snow/ice driving conditions and better traction.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
At max pressure (44), I don't think yor tires, particularly the center, will last very long. You will also lose a lot of traction.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
I thought the door pillar said 33PSI. Either way, what the door pillar says is what the "right" pressure for the vehicle is.

I run 33 in the summer, 31 in the winter.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Number on sidewall of tire is the MAX that tire can safely be inflated to.

Heavier the vehicle, more tire pressure it needs to have the correct profile. It is the vehicle that determines the pressure, also it is COLD inflation pressure.

Make sure to check pressure when vehicle has not been driven for at least 4 hrs to check the pressure.

·
5,244 Posts
The manual says 32 psi fronth and back. I go with 35 front and 33 rear tires. much better handling and tires life.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
The tire sidewall max pressure is a suggestion that people probably learned from their dads or an older mechanic. It does not apply anymore. Overinflating your tires to that degree will result in center tread wear.

The tire placard on the drivers door jam lists the correct inflation. I run a little above manufacturers spec, about 35F, 33R. The manufacturers spec tries to achieve a middle ground between ride quality and road noise. I prefer slightly higher pressure for sharper steering.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts