Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got 265/45/20 wheels/tires for my murano and I really like it, but I just noticed that it's very hard find snow chains that fit on my tires.
I found chains for 275/45/20 and 275/40/20 but I coudn't find a exact size for my tires. Does anyone know about snow chains well?
does it have to be a same size as tires or it will be ok to use 275/45/20 or 275/40/20 for my murano.

:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I know there are a couple of threads on the boards about this same topic, so if nothing else, search for those.

My experience with snow chains for the MO is that none of the major manufactures make chains for this size tire. I went to Les Schwab (a NW tire store chain) and they were nice enough to spend 45 minutes with me in the rain trying on different sets of chains until we found one that was going to work. It wasn't supposed to be for this tire, but it ended up working after an extra bungee cord to provide a bit more tightness.

I don't have the chains in the MO right now, but if you want I can look up the exact model when I get home.

·
Registered
15 Posts
rewdpost said:
I don't have the chains in the MO right now, but if you want I can look up the exact model when I get home.
I'd be interested on the model, as I may need to pick up some chains this week. You didn't mention -- are these chains on the stock Goodyears?

Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The chains I have are for the stock tires. Here's what they found for me:
Laclede brand chains
Alpine Sport model
They're the diamond pattern-style chains and the pack has 2319 written on it, I'm assuming that's a sizing for them?

Sorry I can't be much more help than that, there isn't any model-specific info on the bag or in it either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts