Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about a product the holds up. I have used several but can`t say I really have had any luck. THANKS !!!:D

·
Registered
174 Posts
I use this stuff. It has a satin finish and I like the look better than the shiny, greasy stuff you usually see at used car lots.

http://www.garage-toys.com/notootica.html

I spray it on and let it sit for a couple of minutes. Then wipe with a white shop towel, amazing how much dirt it removes from a clean tire. It lasts OK, I apply after every wash as it doesn't take long.

Also, it doesn't seem to attact dust like some products.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just user Armor All's Tire Foam. Spray on and forget it. Gives a nice shine that lasts until it rains...

·
Registered
301 Posts
Does Armor all still turn your tires brownish in color if you're not freuqntly applying it? It's been a while since I used the produt (almost 10 years). I found that after a while the tires become brownish in color if your armor all protectant is not constantly used. After some research I found that the color change comes from the type of protectant used (i.e. silicon vs. water-based... something like that). I'll check back at home to see which product I have... it's been a while since I had the chance to hand wash my cars.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have been using More Shine Less Time for tires from Stoner car care products. Lasts a long time, and gives you a nice natural look, not wet look like other products. Only available in US. Bought some on my last visit to US.

Find out more

·
Registered
125 Posts
Mozman,

I've used Armor All Foam for my tires since I had my 96 Explorer. I didn't notice any browning - only when I scrub the tires against the sidewalk when I parallel park :D

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Funny years ago I use autoarmor in my tires... three sets.... each tire as they aged developed light surface cracks. After that car I stopped using it.... I never got surface cracks in the sidwalls again on any tire.

I guess if you like the look but don't do it for protection.... IMHO it does nothing.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Armor all tire foam! I've tried many and this is the best new looking shine. Best of all it doesn't discolor the rubber after prolonged used such as Meguiars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts