Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading my 2006 Murano owner's manual under tire dressing. Nissan does not recommend the use of tire dressing.

I have a half gallon of "Beauty Shine" that I used to just spray on my old car tire....it really looked black and shiney. Our local Honda dealers use beauty shine on new Hondas..... I would guess beauty shine is a form of tire dressing? :confused:

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Nissan is probably a little concerned about some of the dressing being slung off the tires and onto the paint.
The way the Nissan sides are curved, the stock tire sticks out beyond the bottom parts of the body.
If you use the right stuff (I use Zaino Z16) and let it dry (I then wipe the tire down), you won't have a problem.
Z16 is a low gloss dressing......as God intended.

Homer

·
Registered
389 Posts
The problem with tire dressing, and probably the reason that Nissan's Lawyers put that in the owner's manual, is that tire dressing used to get flung off tires and onto paint as Homer stated. On dark colors... no problem. On lighter colors (esp. white) it would discolor the paint if left on long enough. This forced manufacturers to have to warranty re-paint (or deny claims) parts of doors and rockers.

There are some excellent products out there that don't make tires very shiny, but help to protect and preserve the rubber. Like Homer, I prefer the low-gloss formulations. I don't like high gloss and stuff that splatters everywhere.

Funny story: I saw some guys MANY years ago (1980-something) trying to get good shine from their tire. In fact, their tires had excellent gloss... too much gloss for my taste. What did they do? They sprayed clear laquer on their tires! :eek:

Bob

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
another good way to keep the sling down is to put the dressing on with a foam aplicator of some sort. works super for me :D i use meg's hot shine spray int he winter(makes the tires a whole lot easier to clean when dirty) and 303 protectant in the summer for that constant new tire look. also, i spray the wheel wells with some cheep petrolium free tire dressing just to give it that fully detailed look.:2:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi,
I just use a tire dressing that i buy at the local hardware store..because of the shape of the murano the dressing will kick up onto the paint which isnt good news..I let the car sit for half an hour to an hour before i start driving after applying the dressing so it doesnt spray. (I know this is hard to do after you have just cleaned it..:D )

P.S. I also recommend using a sponge to apply the tire dressing you dont get any of that stuff on the rims.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts