Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ma checking tire pressure religiously and keep F35 &R 33. Today after coming back from Hove Depot I noticed one of the tires appeared to be a “little flat”. Just enough to make me check the pressure again. I could not believe it – 14.5 psi! And it was barely noticeable. Added some air and a few hours later pressure holds. The tire does not seem to have any damage. Anybody with similar experience? It really puzzles me.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
A nail in the tire can result in a *very slow* leak. A few months ago I had a nail in one the tires on my Maxima and it leaked about 0.5psi per day. Took me a while to determine it was even leaking!

And yeah, the tire generally doesn't start to look flat until its really low, around 15psi (which is where you were at).

·
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Murano weight distribution is approximately 60%F and 40%R. I found Murano handles better if I run F35psi and R33psi.

But it is me. Others may dissagree....;)

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I tend to run 37F/35R, but thats just my preference (the SE's suspension is firm enough that I don't notice any difference in ride, but steering is definitely more responsive).

·
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was a nasty nail. $25 later I am back in business! :)

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Kris said:
It was a nasty nail. $25 later I am back in business! :)
Right on! Enjoy the ride.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts