Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!
Has anyone posted which tire goes with with the tire pressure monitor numbers left to right? I see where some of you have tested the system at the air pump, but has anyone shared the results?

It's not a random order on everyone's system, is it?
-S

·
Registered
466 Posts
As far as I can remember, the tire pressures that are displayed are not relavant to any certain tire position. (I believe it states this in the owner's manual too.)

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Dookie said:
As far as I can remember, the tire pressures that are displayed are not relavant to any certain tire position. (I believe it states this in the owner's manual too.)
what he said! :4:

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Are you guys sure about that?

I don't have the system, but it would seem foolish to show 4 tires but not have them correllated.
Beyond Foolish,
You would be at stupid. :)
Way past laughable.

If they were going to do it that way, they might just as well as shown a message that said "tire low".

You would still have to get out and test all your tires, which is what you are saying now, right?

And haven't I read somewhere that only the dealer can set up the tires correctly? Don't they call it "registrtion" or somesuch?

Homer

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
I thought the same thing, but from what I heard here in another post was that the aforementioned was true. I thought it was rediculous as well, but sometimes the rediculous doesn't surprise me!

·
Registered
466 Posts
It does seem lame to me as well...

Don't shoot the messenger!!:2:

I'm just relaying the info...

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
The TPMS display is not random. However, its not set in any specific order at the factory either, so the owners manual cannot simply say that the first number is the left front tire, etc.... I recently rotated my tires, and find now that the first 2 readings are for the rear tires (which I set to 33) and the next 2 readings are for the fronts (which I set to 35). Now, for whichever one is left and right side, I do not know, but I suppose if you had a portable air compressor you could give it a test by inflating on tire higher than the others. I don't think any Murano owners TPMS order is applicable to any other Murano since it probably depends on the order the system was calibrated to begin with.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Well, it's not random, as I have figured out that usually the left rear is the 1st pressure listed. No, it doens't keep juggling the pressures around everytime you start the vehicle, but what I was saying was that there is no label or set position for the sensors.

·
Registered
40 Posts
So, if you have this Tire Pressure Monitoring feature, does that mean that only a Nissan dealer can rotate the tires or can anyone still do it? I would imagine that it is some sort of a sensor inside the wheel itself- is that true?

Thanks,
jimmymac

1 - 10 of 10 Posts