Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to check the tire pressures on the screen?? It tells me I need to be driving the car for the values to come up on the screen. But this other video that I saw it shows the guy is on Park mode and it comes up. Am I missing something here??馃檮

Registered
From what I understand, the tire pressure monitoring system is dependant on each wheel's speed sensor to detect irregularties in pressure. I don't think it's possible to check it automatically without the car moving, unless it's a different kind of system or an aftermarket system that maybe uses bluetooth valve stems that relay information to the car somehow. I periodically check each tire using a manual gauge.

Reactions: misshely

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I understand, the tire pressure monitoring system is dependant on the each wheel's speed sensor to detect irregularties in pressure. I don't think it's possible to check it automatically without the car moving, unless it's an aftermarket system, using bluetooth valve stems that relay information to the car somehow. I periodically check each tire using a manual gauge.
Ohhh ok. I guess I鈥檒l check it next time I鈥檓 driving. Thanks! 馃檪

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From what I understand, the tire pressure monitoring system is dependant on each wheel's speed sensor to detect irregularties in pressure. I don't think it's possible to check it automatically without the car moving, unless it's a different kind of system or an aftermarket system that maybe uses bluetooth valve stems that relay information to the car somehow. I periodically check each tire using a manual gauge.
Ok I found a video and the man said that the tire pressures show up once you鈥檝e driven the car for a few mins then park. No wonder it wasn鈥檛 showing up on mine. My car was cold still when I woke up lol Glad to know we have YouTube for references 馃槅

1 - 4 of 4 Posts