Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my 04 MO last night and noticed that the tire pressure monitor is only registering for one tire. Anybody have that issue? Is there anything I can do or should I just take it back to the dealer?

·
Registered
719 Posts
Mine works fine for all four tires. The transmitters in the tires have a "sleep" function built in to save the battery life. They only "wake" up after the Murano has been driven for a little bit.

Was your reading for only one tire the entire time you were driving it? If so, I'd take it back to the dealer and have them initialize the transmitters again.

·
Registered
29 Posts
From what I got out of the manual, there is no correlation between the display and which tire is represented.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yeah exactly, so if one of your tires is low, you just have to go out and read each tire until you find the one that needs air?

That stinks! My vette at least labels LF, RF and LR and RR for each of the tires.

:3:

·
Registered
149 Posts
this might sound stupid, but what if you let the air out of the front driver side tire (do it close to an air supply :) ) and see what number goes down on the display. and see if it goes in order around the MO.

It should be fixed in the display, but i guess it is a work around for now.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thats how I did it Matrix!! Just let the air out of each tire to figure out which is which. Believe me as the Temp goes down this fall and winter your LOW TIRE Pressure alarm will be going off. I had a flat tire and just beforeit went completely flat the alarm went off just in time for me to pull over without driving on completely flat tire.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Can you post the order your tire pressure sensor are set up and I will try mine tonight, and we can see if there is some pattern for them :)

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
The order of the display of the TPMS is random. For example, let say one day you find the left front tire reading corresponds to the third number. The next time you start the car, it will be random again. I did a test over the course of a few days, adding air to one tire everyday. I could not deduce the order, then I read in the owners manual tha it is not in any particular order.

·
Registered
719 Posts
That's not correct, the service manual, section WT (Wheels and Tires) starting on page 36 goes through the procedure to "register" each transmitters ID to a specific display position on the screen.

It specifies the order as LF (front), RF (front), LR (rear), RR (rear) as the "correct" display order.

This process is apparently necessary each time you have your tires rotated and apparently requires the Consult II tool or a special "transmitter activation tool". If you don't, then you're going to have a random pressure display order.

Now I'd bet that no Nissan dealer will do this when you rotate your tires (that's even assuming you'd have the dealer rotate tires anyhow) without a lot of "pressure".

·
Registered
34 Posts
"It specifies the order as LF (front), RF (front), LR (rear), RR (rear) as the "correct" display order."

Would you say this was correct from the factory then assuming your tires haven't been rotated yet? (I only have 800 miles).

:confused:

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
dklanecky1 said:
That's not correct, the service manual, section WT (Wheels and Tires) starting on page 36 goes through the procedure to "register" each transmitters ID to a specific display position on the screen.

It specifies the order as LF (front), RF (front), LR (rear), RR (rear) as the "correct" display order.

This process is apparently necessary each time you have your tires rotated and apparently requires the Consult II tool or a special "transmitter activation tool". If you don't, then you're going to have a random pressure display order.

Now I'd bet that no Nissan dealer will do this when you rotate your tires (that's even assuming you'd have the dealer rotate tires anyhow) without a lot of "pressure".
Good catch, I missed this in the service manual. Oh well, I've rotated my tires already, so I guess the order is messed up now anyways. I check the air in my tires often enough so that the TPMS is pretty much just a flat tire monitor for me anyways.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts