Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I picked up my 04 Murano SE just last Friday. It has TPMS, and I couldn't help but notice that the Tire Pressures were all listed as ****.

Obviously, this is unacceptable, so I read most or all of the threads regarding TPMS failures on this board. What a relief to hear that there are other owners with the same issues. I am taking my car into the dealer this week to have it checked out, hoping that it's only a resetting issue.

The interesting part of the failure is that my dash idiot light for the tire pressure flashes, but in sequence. It flashes once, then twice, then four times. This 1-2-4 pattern must be a diagnostic code that explains the problem. I don't have the service manuals, but seems like it would be documented. Can anyone comment on this?

At any rate, still love the Murano, and can't wait to test it's limits more. I just went for a ride on Mulholland tonight - love the suspension, HID, and manual-mode shifting!

Cheers,
-Alan

2004 SE/AWD
Silver on Black
Touring/NAV

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
That code means there is a problem with all but one of the pressure transmitters (wheels 1, 2 and 4). The service manual says to reinitialize the transmitters before trying anything else.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I wonder if when they were forgetting to adjust the tire pressures down from 45lbs, they also forgot the step of initializing the tps sending units?

It's kind of odd that this wouldn't be done at the factory when they're installed?

I know that the batteries in the sending units "sleep" when the wheels aren't moving so as to save battery power.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tyler_Canada said:
That code means there is a problem with all but one of the pressure transmitters (wheels 1, 2 and 4). The service manual says to reinitialize the transmitters before trying anything else.

Thanks for the tip. The information prompted me to look at what TSBs might be out there, and sure enough, there is one that states I need to have the tires tramitters "activated".

The information is in THIS TSB.

I printed a copy and I'm going to the dealer.

Also, I should point out that I had read that some users on this forum had listed high-tire-pressure in their delivered vehicles. The first item that I checked was the tire pressure using my trusty analog gauge. I measured from 31 to 33 on all tires. After that, I knew something was really wrong.

·
Nissan Enthusiast
197 Posts
I get *** for my pressures all the time when I am parked. After I move they start sending data. This is normal as the sensors only work when the car is moving. Do you have a different scenario?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, in my car, the **** is all that I ever see - moving or stopped.

It makes sense that the car needs to be moving in order for the transmitter to send the pressure data. This is how it works on the vette.

The fact that the **** is lit all of the time, plus the error code that I get on my TPMS idiot light, leads me to believe that there's a real problem... and not just "a loose screw behind the steering wheel".

Best,
-Alan

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK,

Took it to the dealer this morning, and they "activated" the tires.. It took them about 30-40 minutes to get the car back to me, but now everything's a go...

Thanks for all your input!

Cheers,
-Alan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts