Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I need to break out the tire pressure gauge.

My TPMS reports 47 49 49 49. This is crazy, the tire pressure can't really be that high, can it? I thought the tires would explode with that much pressure, lol:confused:

·
4,664 Posts
The Murano's are shipped with the pressure that high, and then a competent dealer, drops them to the correct pressure during prep.

Boy, you're going to like the ride a lot better, once you drop those!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New PSI

I let enough air pressure out to get down to 34 PSI per tire. I think one is slightly off, because the TPMS lists them at 34 34 35 34 when cold. After warmup, they all go to 34.

The ride is softer and definitely better in corners.

Now, why the hell would a dealer give me the damn car with 50 pounds of pressure per tire? Who knows? Looks like I'm off to a great start with the service department, though!

·
5,268 Posts
Re: New PSI

elliotgb said:
I let enough air pressure out to get down to 34 PSI per tire. I think one is slightly off, because the TPMS lists them at 34 34 35 34 when cold. After warmup, they all go to 34.

The ride is softer and definitely better in corners.

Now, why the hell would a dealer give me the damn car with 50 pounds of pressure per tire? Who knows? Looks like I'm off to a great start with the service department, though!

Why would you ask question like this? I'm sorry I'm being sarcastic again........

Enjoy your drive. I usually inflate front 35, rear 33. The difference is due to weight distribution difference. I found it to perform better, at least for me........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts