Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, the first time I had the tire rotated, the tire shop simply switched the front tires with the rears.

It's time to rotate them again...

Question.....

Is the front to rear a real "rotation"?

I thought they should get switched sideways as well. Keep in mind I do not (cannot) use the spare tire in the rotation process. What do you guys do when it comes to rotating the tires?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Front to rear is traditional at this point because early steel belted radials would delaminate if you rode them in the opposite direction from how they were first used. I've heard that is no longer an issue, but I would never want to test it my self. If you really want to swap side to side, have them remounted to keep the rotation direction the same, just like as if they were directional tires.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I agree with MM, but be sure to keep to a reasonable rotation schedule. I let mine go for just over 20,000 km, and when I had them last rotated, rear tire noise increased substantially due some feathering on the tires, which now bothers me. I had a four wheel alignment done, and the tests said the front was pretty good, but the back was out a bit, which they corrected. I now have 72,000 km on them, so I am looking at new tires anyways, possibly before this winter sets in. I have an eye on the Kuhmo Ecsta STX 265/60HR18's

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Front to rear is traditional at this point because early steel belted radials would delaminate if you rode them in the opposite direction from how they were first used. I've heard that is no longer an issue, but I would never want to test it my self. If you really want to swap side to side, have them remounted to keep the rotation direction the same, just like as if they were directional tires.
Ancient history. Follow the rotation schedule in the owner's manual.

·
5,268 Posts
MO in TO

72k km that almost 45k miles! I have 26k miles and I do not believe that they will last more than additional 3k miles..........and I rotated them every 5k miles.

As you I am looking at either Kumho od Yokohama Geolander. The Yokos appear to be a better deal........

Still cannot get over your 72k km.......are you sure your odometer is OK........;)

·
Registered
180 Posts
72,500 km is for sure...I even paced out the Toronto Marathon course before it ran last weekend and my odometer was dead on start to finish. Maybe road surfaces are different in your area? I have the factory Goodyears and other than significant edge wear, I have still not hit the wear bars. I could still squeeze out the winter if I really wanted to. Most of my mileage is highway in Ontario.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts