Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

If I wanted to keep the stock rims but just get some tires with a wider foot print, what size would you recommend?

This is purely cosmetic... I think the MO looks a bit funny head on with these tires and something with a larger footprint (wider) would give it just want it needs.

I don't want something so wide that it sticks out beyond the fender.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
b0xdesigns said:
Plus Zero
255/55-18
275/55-18
285/50-18

discount tires

Actually the true plus zero size is 255/60/18 and 275/55/18. All other sizes will throw off your speedometer by +/- 5%.

·
My MO's faster than yours
419 Posts
Eric L. said:

Actually the true plus zero size is 255/60/18 and 275/55/18. All other sizes will throw off your speedometer by +/- 5%.
You're right! They've got it wrong on ther site.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
b0xdesigns said:

You're right! They've got it wrong on ther site.
I think its because there are hardly any tires in the true plus zero sizes, so the almost plus zero sizes are the only other options. Its pathetic no manufacturer has come out with a tire in the Murano's size, seeing how the vehicle has been on sale for 2-1/2 years now.

·
Registered
416 Posts
A 265 x 60 x 18 tire is a good "plus size" for the MO....they stay within the fenders (barely) and are the max size you can use on the stock 7 1/2" rim...speedo will read 3% low...

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would love to see a picture if anyone had any of these tires. I was thinking about a 255/60/18.

·
Registered
485 Posts
All the pics from my last trip to Death Valley are 265/60-18 Kumoh STXs. Click the pic for more:

Where as the previous pics are all the stock rubber:

Weird, my imbeded images aren't working...
:confused:

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks MightyMO... do you have any other pictures... hard to see the difference. I would almost say that they are the same size as original looking at the photos.

·
5,244 Posts
Gonzo,

based on my experience the photos "do lie". 265 look bigger in real life. At least they did on my car.......

·
Registered
145 Posts
Here are a few pictures of the width of the 255/60/18 Toyo Proxies. This view is from the driver side rear tire

Attachments

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the pictures... it helps... ah any chance of a side view and front view? I need the full effect. Use a flash to help luminate shadows as you did in the above pictures.

Thanks again.

How do you like the new tires?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Here is a full back view and a side view. I like these tires. The grip is outstanding and are sure footed in wet weather. They might make a little more noise at slow speed but at highway speeds they are quiet.

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
Back view with Draw Tite hitch that is 1.5 yrs old.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks great photos.... I can "get the big picture" now and I like the increase tire size.

Nice! :29:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts