Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, you probably have noticed I started talking about tires again. As there are new arrivals on the market, and I have learned something here are results of my research. As I live in the South the Bridgestone Dueler H/P Sport looks really tempting. Just look at the tread ratings – it does tell the story! If only the size was 235/65 – 18……..but I can live with 265/60 – 18 if the quality is there….

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Potenza RE92 - Great only if the weather is dry. Okay in light rain, but light snow...forget about it.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
I see the Bridgestones list 51 psi as the max. pressure.

You just know someone is going to buy a set of Bridgestones, check the sidewall info, and then proceed to inflate the tires to 51 psi. I can't imagine running 51 psi on the MO. You might as well be Fred Flintstone and slap a couple of mill stones on the car. The good news is that if someone drops a quarter on the road and you run over it, you'll probably be able to feel it. :D

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Are you sure the S-rated crossterrains are A temperature rated? I didn't know any S-rated tire could meet A temp rating.

·
Registered
485 Posts
You're missing the 275/55-18 Cross Terrain. It's quite a different tire with a 109 load capacity rating compared to the 235.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Looking at that chart - it is clear to me why Nissan selected the GY as the tire for the MO. IMO, its clearly the best valued tire, which also meets the specs for the MO's rim = even/longer tread wear.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
i'm love every ride on the bridgstones hp sports, my grandpa's sentra came with the re92 and they are just as bad as the goodyears, wann get him off of those and onto some assurance triple treads as quickly as possible. again, the HP sports are a truck tire but at 32 psi they deffinitaly don't ride like one.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Keep us informed on the Dueler HPs.

Right now, they are likely to be my choice within the next month or so.
I just wish they had a longer history......

I will not be a happy camper if they get harder as they get older (Which is how the GY LS does that extended mileage.......)

The GY, despite a lot of complaints here, was a good tire for me (No snow) over the first 25K.
Now that it has 30K, the tread is down to about 4/32 and the tire is hard as a rock and noisy. I have no doubt that the tire will go another 20/30K or more before the wear bars, but the performance is no longer satisfactory.

Homer

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
no problem- updates will be posted.

·
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MightyMO,
I did not include 275/55-18 as in my opinion 265 are already too wide.

Met Michelin guy yesterday. Had a talk about tires. During a dinner he tried to impress people talking about front and rear tires quality and asking question what tires should be at front and rear and on and on …….told him (what we already know, I mean members of this site!) about front and rear tire quality and grip and on and on………….his jaw dropped….”you are the first one to get it right!”…….hm, did not tell him about Nissanmurano.com……NISSAN STINKS BIG WAY but Nissanmurano.com members the greatest folks ever!
Anyway, after exchanging normal “corporate” pleasantness we talk privately. I think I can believe him. Apparently Michelin is getting complains about CT’s as they do not last long (35 – 40K) and are too sticky! He also agreed on Bridgestone – very good tire!

It all confirms my research and opinion – we do not have many choices. All the hypes about “ third party” tires are just that, hypes.

Right now I am between Michelin CT’s and Bridgestone Dueler HP Sports.

I said it many times, I do not care about winter tires. If tire last 35K and provides nice, comfortable ride and good summer performance – I am in.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I had Potenza's on a Camaro some years back. They were wearing like iron. When I sold that car the tires looked brand new with 40K on them Of course that car is just a bit lighter than the Mo I imagine.
I see they are pretty pricey but man were they good.
I also am experiencing great tread life and performance from the Alima's stock Turanza tires but don't think they make one to fit the MO.
Bob1

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Went by my Tire/wheel dealer today.
I will not get tires until I finish the the big trip to Ga-MD-PA-NJ. I leave Sat and will return to FL on or about Aug 12.
But, curious, I asked him about the Bridgestone Dueler HP Sport. 265/60VR18
He will have to have them shipped in, but he will sell them to me for $174.50, mount and balance w/new Valve stems and caps for $15 per wheel and sell me a road hazard for $75. This also includes a free rotation every 7500 miles.
(Symetric tires....so just Front to rear and vice versa)

I guess I always expected Tire Rack to beat hell out of the local guys.
Not so.

These tires will be waiting for me on Aug 12.

Homer

Since I couldn't get the new ones on this time, we rotated and balanced the Goodyears for the last time.
31,000 miles now. 3/32 left pretty much all the way around (1 w 4/32).
No charge, of course.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
almost 6000 k on the hp sports and they are awesome, love em love em love em.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Had the Bridgestone Dueler HP Sports put on today.
Total was 719.88 for the tires with Hunter balance/valve stems. (Price went up to 179.95)
then some small stuff......12.00 Waste Tire fee, NTT new tire tax 4.00 and the optional road hazard warranty 80.00. Total 815.80 Plus sales tax 48.95 (6% FL)

They look good. The extra width is definitely there, but the tire doesn't balloon out over the wheel and neither does it stick out beyond the body. However, I wouldn't go a single MM wider.

No "initial impressions" until they are broke in. Maybe 200 miles.

We are leaving Friday morn for a 3000 mile trip to Dallas/Tulsa. Be back in a couple of weeks.

Homer

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
hfelknor said:
Had the Bridgestone Dueler HP Sports put on today.
Total was 719.88 for the tires with Hunter balance/valve stems. (Price went up to 179.95)
then some small stuff......12.00 Waste Tire fee, NTT new tire tax 4.00 and the optional road hazard warranty 80.00. Total 815.80 Plus sales tax 48.95 (6% FL)

They look good. The extra width is definitely there, but the tire doesn't balloon out over the wheel and neither does it stick out beyond the body. However, I wouldn't go a single MM wider.

No "initial impressions" until they are broke in. Maybe 200 miles.

We are leaving Friday morn for a 3000 mile trip to Dallas/Tulsa. Be back in a couple of weeks.

Homer
In the latest issue of Motortrend (which comes out a week earlier than all the other mags) the Tirerack ad shows a $100 rebate on the purchase of 4 Dueler HP Sport tires. Homer if you ordered from Tirerack, you might want to claim the rebate.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Nope. Bot them from my dealer.

That is good info tho.
How about reposting it in Steals and Deals?

Homer

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
hfelknor said:
Nope. Bot them from my dealer.

That is good info tho.
How about reposting it in Steals and Deals?

Homer
Will do.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts