Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my wife a new Marranos SL awd. I don’t like the factory tire that came on it. They’re not very good in the rain. I have all terrain tires on my Jeep and she likes them better and wants them. She has 235/55/20 and I found 265/50/20. They are 2 tenths taller but an 1.1 inches wider. I worry about rubbing. Does anyone know the max height and width it can handle? Also does anyone know of any warranty issues by going wider.

·
Super Moderator
8,275 Posts
I suggest using Discount Tire or Tire Rack online to get advice on this. I haven't looked at the clearance between the inner tire wall and the spring, but it may be tight. Both those companies should have data on what will clear and what won't. I suggest calling.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I just got my wife a new Marranos SL awd. I don’t like the factory tire that came on it. They’re not very good in the rain. I have all terrain tires on my Jeep and she likes them better and wants them. She has 235/55/20 and I found 265/50/20. They are 2 tenths taller but an 1.1 inches wider. I worry about rubbing. Does anyone know the max height and width it can handle? Also does anyone know of any warranty issues by going wider.
I'm running 255/55/20 with no issues or rubbing. Changed them out at less then 3K miles. You're defiantly right that the stock Bridgestone's pretty much suck.

IMHO, the stock tires are too narrow for the car. From behind, the wider tires makes the Murano look more planted to the ground, if you know what I mean. Every time I'm behind a Murano, it looks like it's on stilts with the stock tires, especially with the 20" tires.

But I guess Nissan needs to keep it's MPGs up there. Less tread on the ground, less friction equals more MPG. I'll gladly loose a mile or two for a better ride and handling.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was looking at the cooper AT3 4s. They have 265/50 20 and are .2” taller and 1.1” wider. I have the new coopers on my Jeep and they’re great in rain and snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After the 17 I get with my Jeep and the 13 I get with my truck I don’t think it’ll be that big of a loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts