Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone changed the tires from what came on their MO? I understand that the only tire in size 235/65/18n is the LS, but there are other compatable sizes. I'm looking for a better all around tire then the Goodyear. Even the Goodyear dealer said the LS is marginal in snow. I am considering a dedicated snow tire, another question as to what one, and keeping the LS as a summer tire, but it would be preferable to have one great tires and avoid the seasonal switch-over. Anyone thinking the same? Thanks.

·
5,244 Posts
GoldMO,

I haven't changed my tires yet. Down South I definitely do not need winter tires, however I am thinking about upgrades anyway. I do not like the LS.

There was a great discussion on tires - follow this link: tires

I hope it will help.

Go Goldies!;)

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I think the Eagle LS would make a pretty lousy summer performance tire. From what I have seen, there are Michelin Crossterrains in 255/60/18 and also the Pirelli PZero Scorpion in that size too I think. Those two might make a good winter/summer combo.

·
hail 2 the snail
775 Posts
Eric L. said:
I think the Eagle LS would make a pretty lousy summer performance tire. From what I have seen, there are Michelin Crossterrains in 255/60/18 and also the Pirelli PZero Scorpion in that size too I think. Those two might make a good winter/summer combo.

itd make for about 3.2% speedo (slow) error in using this combo...

693 revs/mile =oem
671 revs/mile =255/60/18

or..... when your speedo reads 60, you'll be rollin at 61.9

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
esemes said:

itd make for about 3.2% speedo (slow) error in using this combo...

693 revs/mile =oem
671 revs/mile =255/60/18

or..... when your speedo reads 60, you'll be rollin at 61.9
Actually, 235/65/18 and 255/60/18 have almost the exact same circumference according to the popular Miata Tire Size Calculator. Checking the specs

235/65/18 = 30.02" diameter
255/60/18 = 30.04" diameter

The difference in speedometer reading should be negligible. For reference, Eagle LS 235/65/18 = 698 revs per mile, PZero Scorpion 255/60/18 = 690 revs per mile. About a 1% difference.

Oh and I was wrong about the Michelin size. Tirerack only has the Dunlop Grandtrek ST8000, Pirelli Pzero Scorpion, and Goodyear Wrangler HP in 255/60/18. Among the ratings on tirerack, it looks like the Pirelli has pretty good summer traction but marginal snow traction.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts