Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been spending a lot of time on internet (ebay especially) to find a good 20"/22" wheels for my "gold MO" under $1100. But i'm lost, I don't know which wheel I should get. I'm not really into chrome bling2, but it seems like most of wheels on eBay are bling2. Will black rims with chrome lips looks good on MO ??

And the tire size, which tire is looks good on MO? I don't want to be too umm bulky / wide. 255/50 ?

Please help !!!.....Xmas is right around the corner. Any help would be appreciated !!

:D

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I would rather purchase from a reputable dealer such as Tirerack than buy rims off ebay. Since you'll need tires, a Tirerack package will likely be less expensive too since they do free mounting and balancing before they ship it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finally someone reply it, thank you! Anyway, I'm interested on these wheels, in your opinion which one you think will looks good in MO ?

1 - 20x8.5 & 22x9.5

2 - 20x8.5 & 22x9.5 - they got the 5x114.3

3 - 20x8.5

For tires, which one is the best size for 20x8.5 wheel? 265/50? I don't quite understand about tires size, so please bare with me. One more thing, 40mm is the offset for MO, right ? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Personally not a big fan of the chrome, I would not pick any of those designs. But to each their own.

As for tires, here is how to read them. Lets use the stock size of 235/65/18.

235 = 235mm tire width

65 = 65% aspect ratio (this is the height of the sidewall relative to tire width)

18 = size of the wheel, in inches

To calculate the overall diameter of the tire, you need to add the wheel size to the height of the sidewall (multiplied by two, top and bottom of tire, since its round).

So diameter of Murano's wheel = (235*.65)*2*(1 inch/25.4mm)+ 18 = ~30 inches.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I'm not a fan of chrome either, but it seems like every online wheel store I visited, chrome-bling-bling is all they have.

Do you know where the non-chrome-wheel store is ?

Thanks for the tire size information Eric!

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Both Tirerack and discount tire (Tires.com), probably thw two largest online dealers in the US, have a decent selection of non chrome rims. Keep in mind the Murano is closer to car than truck, so you can probably get away with buying car rims for it instead of "tough" looking truck rims.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts