Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After carefully reviewing the 2017 Murano Platinum the wife and I pulled the trigger and so far LOVE this vehicle.
QUESTION is we live in Michigan,
What would ya'll recommend for a great All terrain tire with exceptional winter performance???

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Brad, we live in Ontario so we get a bit of snow. We put Michelin Cross Climate+ tires on my wife's Murano since we didn't want to swap tires. (We have another vehicle we would use in severe conditions). The Michelin's have performed very well. They are deemed an "all weather" tire - and have the snowflake rating so they are classified as winter tires and qualify for insurance discounts.

They have been on about a year and we really like them. I wouldn't rank them as good as true snow tires, but I would buy them again. They have performed well.

·
Super Moderator
1,217 Posts
Good luck on your purchase. Great comfortable car. I'm sure you be happy going down the road.

I've had great success with the Michelin Premier LTX 255/55/20 tires. I'm running the 20" rims. Due to my driving style, I usually only get about 35K miles before I replace them when they're worn to 3 - 4/32's". Not enough bite for me when wet for my liking when they get worn more then that. YMMV.

I've been thru 4" of solid snow. Was able to maintain a safe speed of about 30 mph without any lose of control. Even stopping was solid, when there wasn't ice underneath. That was with new tires. Being almost three years old now, I would not attempt the same thing on my current tires.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Brad, we live in Ontario so we get a bit of snow. We put Michelin Cross Climate+ tires on my wife's Murano since we didn't want to swap tires. (We have another vehicle we would use in severe conditions). The Michelin's have performed very well. They are deemed an "all weather" tire - and have the snowflake rating so they are classified as winter tires and qualify for insurance discounts.

They have been on about a year and we really like them. I wouldn't rank them as good as true snow tires, but I would buy them again. They have performed well.
Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good luck on your purchase. Great comfortable car. I'm sure you be happy going down the road.

I've had great success with the Michelin Premier LTX 255/55/20 tires. I'm running the 20" rims. Due to my driving style, I usually only get about 35K miles before I replace them when they're worn to 3 - 4/32's". Not enough bite for me when wet for my liking when they get worn more then that. YMMV.

I've been thru 4" of solid snow. Was able to maintain a safe speed of about 30 mph without any lose of control. Even stopping was solid, when there wasn't ice underneath. That was with new tires. Being almost three years old now, I would not attempt the same thing on my current tires.

Have a good day.
Thank for the reply

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Go with the All Weather tire. Michelin makes one, Goodyear makes one, and Toyo makes one, to name a few. They actually have the 3 mountain snowflake, unlike the Michelin Premier. And you run them all year, with no tire change needed.

·
Super Moderator
8,648 Posts
Tire Rack has really good reference info on a wide variety of tires, including rankings for snow, wet and dry traction. It's a good place to do research on tires that interest you.

·
Registered
227 Posts
We have had the BF Goodrich Advantage T/A Sport LT for a couple years now, They're an "all weather" tire with the mountain/snowflake logo and so far have been pretty good in the snow...not that great on ice as the rubber compound is pretty hard (700 treadwear).

The handling though is by far better than the stock Continentals, it's literally a night and day difference.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Bridgestone Blizzacks on factory 18" wheels. Swap at Costco costs 50 bucks. I should probably look for a set of take-offs soon

·
Super Moderator
8,648 Posts
Blizzaks are excellent snow tires; there are a number of different models, so check reviews on each.

·
Registered
2018 Murano SL, Pearl White Midnight Edition
60 Posts
We live in the midwest and I'm needing to replace the 20" tires on our Murano. I've done my comparisons on Tire Rack and have narrowed it down to Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady, Continental CrossContact LX25, and the new Michelin CrossClimate 2. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
We live in the midwest and I'm needing to replace the 20" tires on our Murano. I've done my comparisons on Tire Rack and have narrowed it down to Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady, Continental CrossContact LX25, and the new Michelin CrossClimate 2. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
We have had the Michelin CrossClimates installed on our 2015 Murano for a little longer than a year. They've been very good! We live in Ontario, so get some snow. They perform well - not quite as well as snow tires, but I'm impressed. Summertime performance is good too. If I needed to replace them (assuming we get decent miles out of them) I would buy them again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts