Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market to replace the Goodyear Eagle with less than 40K on them. They didn't last long, they were not good in wet and winter and they have gotten noisey as they aged.

I am considering 3 Michelin's and I'd like to know if anybody has any experience with them.

Michelin Energy MXV4 255/65 x 18
Michelin Pilot MXM4 255/65 x 18
Michelin Cross Terrain SUV 275/55 x 18

Does anybody have any other suggestions?

BTW, I actually bought a set of 17" wheel and winter tires to use instead of the Goodyears.

·
Registered
191 Posts
bump.

I'm interested as well....

Gerry, would those other sizes fit??? 255 is huge.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
You would be running a taller size for those choices. While the tread might be better, the higher ride height might affect handling.

Closer fitments are 255/60/18 or 265/60/18.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Michelin

I haven't had to buy tires for my Murano yet but I bought several sets of Michelin MXV4 Energy for a Toyota Avalon and they were terrible - absolutely terrible. Awful in the rain - hydroplaning - and never a smooth ride. Same with my wife's Accord which Honda puts on initially - granted she probably doesn't react like me but she's a careful driver and ended up on a grass median with them. I have Bridgestone Turanza's on the Avalon (not cheap) now and love them - of course I guess you can't get Bridgestones for your Mo but I personally would avoid the Michelins.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Re: Michelin

MichaelMurano said:
I haven't had to buy tires for my Murano yet but I bought several sets of Michelin MXV4 Energy for a Toyota Avalon and they were terrible - absolutely terrible. Awful in the rain - hydroplaning - and never a smooth ride. Same with my wife's Accord which Honda puts on initially ...
Can I ask why you bought several sets if they were that bad?

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
The MXV4 energy tires were notoriously bad in almost every condition. Their only redeeming quality was very low rolling resistance, which gave the vehicles a slight boost in mpg - thats why Honda used them.

I've heard good and bad reports about the Michelin CrossTerrains. They are definitely not car tires, but they will probably be quiet, comfortable tires that perform a little better in the snow than the stock Goodyear Eagles.

·
Registered
124 Posts
why several sets

Sure. The first set of 4 I bought was of course the first time I tried them. Like many people, you hear the word Michelin and you think you're getting the best. When they didn't do well, I thought there may be other circumstances that they didn't do well - wasn't sure - but took a chance and bought another 4 and definitely learned my lesson. That was the Avalon. The Accord had them because that's what came with the car. I replaced those with Bridgestone Turanzas as well.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Re: tires

speargan said:
I just bought Toyo Proxes 255X60X18. They look good and ride nice
Any chance you can post a pic?

·
Registered
301 Posts
I just put Michelin CrossTerrains on my wife's RX300. I was considering those or the Bridgestone H/S Alenza's. Both are rated well on tirerack. Went with the Michelins since Costco had them in stock plus $50 off. Plus Costco includes road hazard insurance with all the tires they sell.

So far my wife thinks they're much better that the stock tire it came with, which were really worn down ... I could just about see the top of Lincoln's head on the penny. They haven't seen any rain yet. They're pretty quiet too.

I will update if I learn any more on other conditions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts