Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas where one can get a TONNEAU COVER (cargo area cover) for the SE?

If you did not choose the popular package, it does not come with one!

Thanks,

·
Registered
487 Posts
Do you mean the privacy shade?

A tonneau cover is a hard cover for a truck bed.

Does the SE have mounts for the shade? There would be two indentations in the walls of the cargo area...

·
Registered
278 Posts
According to Oxford

The tonneau is:

n.
the part of a motor car occupied by the back seats, esp. in an open car.

and a tonneau cover is:
a removable flexible cover for the passenger seats in an open car, boat, etc., when they are not in use.

It is the name in the product literature for the thing that the thread's OP is looking for. Enforcer's photo is of the mounts for the tonneau cover, which, in Canada, comes with every MO.

We even pay less (if you calculate the exchange) but we get less discount. Does that mean we pay more?

Anyway, tonneau cover is probably what Oxford says, what Nissan says, and the thing for a truck... or anything that covers a hole.

"Honey, did you wash my tonneau covers this week?"

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Privacy Shade

Hi there Doombringer,

yes, I meant the privacy shade (in the owners guide) however they referred to it as a 'tonneau cover';

and the SE has the indentations for it!

thanks;

·
Registered
278 Posts
Post Script

Since I tinted the PF windows "limo" (black wall of mirror), I have not used the privacy shade. You cannot see into the back.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I recently went to the dealership to price a tonneau cover, i was told by the parts guy that the cover and the cargo net are not accessories but manufacturer parts that makes them a lot more exspensive than accessories. the cargo net was $85 and the tonneau cover over $300. This is what happens when you buy a vehicle preowned, next time i will do a lot better research on what exactly comes with the vehicle before i take it off the lot. if i would have known better at the time i would have asked the sales guy to replace what was missing. no way am i paying that kind of money to replace those items.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
wiseguywm said:
...if i would have known better at the time i would have asked the sales guy to replace what was missing. no way am i paying that kind of money to replace those items.
wiseguywm-

Don't sweat it. Not all MOs come with the cargo net and cargo cover anyway.

The net is close to useless and the cover can be a nuisance at times. However, if you are dead-set on getting those items then keep an eye out on eBay and this forum. I have seen both items up for sale at more reasonable prices.

-njjoe

·
Registered
85 Posts
What colour is your interior? I have an extra one. Like you, I bought my Murano used and originally it did not come with the rear cover. So I bought one on ebay. Then a week later, my salesman called me to say that he spoke to the previous owner when he was in for a service and asked if he had the cover still, he said yes and so now I have 2 covers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What colour is your interior? I have an extra one. Like you, I bought my Murano used and originally it did not come with the rear cover. So I bought one on ebay. Then a week later, my salesman called me to say that he spoke to the previous owner when he was in for a service and asked if he had the cover still, he said yes and so now I have 2 covers.

i am in need of a cover if you still have an extra. my interior is tan/cream but i will take whatever color i can get =)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think I still might have mine somewhere in the garage. I will check after I get off work. Pretty sure it is a beige color. Should be in good shape because I took it out after about a week of owning the car and its been in the garage since.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a Beige Cargo roll-up shade and Cargo Net that came with my 07 SL. They are never used and have been gathering dust in my garage since the day I bought the MO. (I think beige was the only color available.)

Will ship both Prepaid UPS ground to any continental US location for $100.00

Can contact me at [email protected]

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just got quoted $1,300 for one of these for my 2005 SE Murano. Ebay looks like a good option IF one of the sellers feels like sending it to Australia :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts