Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,
I have a 2009 SL and it’s majorly needing tires like yesterday…
Problem is that I’m a week into looking and still going back and forth…So I figured I’d give this a try and see what kind of input I get.
I live in Florida, so something that’s made for rain when it’s not 1000 degrees outside. Definitely looking for a smoother ride that’s on the quieter side if possible. If I can get better mileage that would be great but definitely not a deal breaker if not. Any input is appreciated!!
Thanks!

·
Registered
2018 Murano SL
141 Posts
The Michelin Latitude Tours that are OEM on many 2015+ models, including my 2018 SL, are great. They are quiet, ride well, and get excellent gas mileage.

I have a 2016 Grand Caravan and I swapped out the OEM Yokohamas for a set of Latitude Tours on that when it had 1000 miles on it. This was 2+ years before I bought the Murano and was glad to see the same tire on the Mo. The minivan tires are at 47k miles are are still over 6/32 of tread depth.

I might not recommend these as the best tires for northern snow (although they do OK in Michigan), but for Florida there are no compromises other than probably a high price.

Good luck,
George

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Michelin Latitude Tours that are OEM on many 2015+ models, including my 2018 SL, are great. They are quiet, ride well, and get excellent gas mileage.

I have a 2016 Grand Caravan and I swapped out the OEM Yokohamas for a set of Latitude Tours on that when it had 1000 miles on it. This was 2+ years before I bought the Murano and was glad to see the same tire on the Mo. The minivan tires are at 47k miles are are still over 6/32 of tread depth.

I might not recommend these as the best tires for northern snow (although they do OK in Michigan), but for Florida there are no compromises other than probably a high price.

Good luck,
George
Have you had Michelin in the past? If so, did the tread keep up?
Michelin has everything I’m looking for it seems like except for quite a few reviews I’ve read talks about the tread going fast. Also I’ve never bought Michelin before and that’s why I haven’t placed an order yet.
But unfortunately I’m running out of time since I have to drive to North Carolina Monday so I think I’m just gonna cross my fingers and hope for the best! lol
now to find the best deal & a shop that can get me in. I went last week to get tires and two different places were completely booked so that’s what started this madness🤦🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️
Thank you for your help :)

·
Registered
2018 Murano SL
141 Posts
Did you actually read my post about this particular tire design? Read the part about my Grand Caravan again. Is 47k miles with 6/32+ of tread not telling you they wear well?

I have owned at least 15 sets of Michelins since I started driving in 1970. The two I'd recommend for the Murano FOR LONG MILEAGE are the Latitude Tour which I discuss above, a refined SUV design, and the Defender LTX M/S which is more of a truck tire design. Read the EXACT letters and names of these tires. These both come in 235/65x18 for my Murano and I assume for yours also. They will last you somewhere between 50,000 and 80,000 miles depending on how you drive.

The Michelins that don't last are the Premier A/S for cars and the LTX Premier A/S, both of which start out with extremely shallow treads. Do NOT buy these tires. The new Cross Climate series looks promising but it too new for me to recommend and would be more of an advantage in winter weather.

These are my recommendations for you. I have nothing more to discuss. Read reviews at Tire Rack or Discount tire for these specific tires if you want a broader opinion.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've heard good things about the CrossClimate2 on wet and snow roads. I'm waiting for it to go on sale at Costco. Costco Tire's $150 off promotion (for a set) seems to alternate between Bridgestone and Michelin and currently is on Bridgestone. The tread pattern does look a bit radical and probably won't mix well with other tires.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Op you've had recommendations. Just go get some new tires. All seasons not summer tires. New tires of any brand are better than crossing fingers and hoping for the best. Good grief ! Tires are the only thing between your 2 ton vehicle hurtling down the highway and disaster. Call and book a time with a proper tire shop right away. Saving a few bucks isn't worth what could happen on worn out tires.

·
Administrator
9,659 Posts
Suggestion: go to Tire Rack online and Discount tire online.

Read reviews by people who own similar vehicles.

Also, read the many, many discussions in this forum about tires! (In case you missed that opportunity before starting this thread...)

Worn tires are prone to hydroplane in Florida's climate, so it's best to get it done.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I've had Toyo H/T for a couple years now. They are quiet and still have a lot of tread left. I honestly can't tell if they have worn at all yet. Rotate at every oil change.. Im in florida too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.