Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a college friend for a ride in my MO and...........

.............now he is shopping for one!
We went to the Tom Petty & Black Crows concert last weekend & this last week he has been trying to find one with the options he wants.
Boy if that doesn't make a guy feel good! :D

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
KSmurano said:
We went to the Tom Petty & Black Crows concert last weekend & this last week he has been trying to find one with the options he wants.
Nissan should start advertising the murano more...
Among their vehicle lines, i think murano is the one that has less adv....

Every one seems to get th boring *yawn* toyota hilander!
Let them sit in the murano and those ppl will get hooked for life...:2:

·
5,244 Posts
KSmurano said:

Yes, it does, doesn't it! :D

PS. KSmurano, I thought yours was the one by Ford, oops! Lincoln ;)

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kris "Our, hers, mine" it just depends whos talking & who's in the audience. :D

Can you believe my friend Greg acted like he had never heard of or even seens a MO!
It was the talk of the ride.

·
Registered
982 Posts
The Honda Pilot is really popular also and I hear great things about it... I test drove 7 SUV's and not that one though... i thought it looked like a box.

I have to say, although the inside of the Murano was the 2nd best of all the SUV's I was in. ( The Tourag had the best inside !! red and white lights, alot of gadgets...) The outside of the Murano is not for everyone. You really have to like 'different' to like it. ALOT of people actually hate the look of it. It is weird, esp the hood. When I bought mine, I LOVED the inside, and just liked the outside. Now after owning it, I love her just as much on the outside as the inside.

After driving to balitmore this weekend from central Jersey, 2 and half hours... I got 24.5 mpg on the turnpike. No SUV will put those #'s up !! I love her alot more now.

My point, the Murano look is not for everyone.... although it should be. :D

That's my babbling $.02.....

·
5,244 Posts
TheGymKid,

interesting observation. Actually all of the SUV looks boxy, interesting to me. I would never ever buy an SUV based on look. A real SUV is for off road driving. And there is not many of them capable of doing that.

Anyway, I love the look of Murano and FX. Maybe because they are different. Or they really are objectively beautiful cars. Did I say cars? Yes, I did. They are not SUV’s. I would not buy a truck or SUV for urban and highway driving. They simply do not provide drive I am after – performance, handling, quality ride etc.

Anyway, MO is still a looker! I mean GOOD LOOKER!
:D

·
5,244 Posts
KSmurano said:
Kris "Our, hers, mine" it just depends whos talking & who's in the audience. :D

I think I understand you! ;)

·
Registered
982 Posts
Kris said:
TheGymKid,

interesting observation. Actually all of the SUV looks boxy, interesting to me. I would never ever buy an SUV based on look. A real SUV is for off road driving. And there is not many of them capable of doing that.

Anyway, I love the look of Murano and FX. Maybe because they are different. Or they really are objectively beautiful cars. Did I say cars? Yes, I did. They are not SUV’s. I would not buy a truck or SUV for urban and highway driving. They simply do not provide drive I am after – performance, handling, quality ride etc.

Anyway, MO is still a looker! I mean GOOD LOOKER!
Hey Kris... Now that I know my SUV's, I know the Murano is made for pavement which is not the case for most SUV's. I wanted a rugged truck look... that is why i put Nerfs and a Push bar on my Mo... so I was first interested in the Nissan Pathfinder and Toyota 4Runner. After getting in them and driving them did I learn I really didn't want a truck feel. I had no intentions of going off roading. I also liked the xTerra which I didn't like once I sat in it. I drove the FX... dam that thing can move, it was awesome, but the cargo space was to tight for me... i wanted more room on the inside. I drove the Acura MDX which was nice on the outside and plain, very plain on the inside for the amount of money they wanted. I sat in the Taurag and it was awesome. The cockpit without a doubt is the nicest of any vechicle I ever sat in (for me). I did not love the way it drove though and further reviews on the internet told me is made like crap and falls apart quickly. I drove the Murano and it was awesome... and so was the inside. I was sold on it the moment I got it on the road. best decision I made without a doubt.

Again though, the very round look, is not for everyone... most people like the box look. Why, I dunno... but they do. That is why there is a something for everyone.

·
5,244 Posts
Yes, you right. People are different and have different “views”. And this is great as otherwise world would be boooooring.

Last time I went to Germany and rented a car and lady at the counter told me: you are getting a great car, with automatic transmission and A/C. I took the key and before I left I asked her: what is it? Oh, it is a Chrysler! Chrysler PT! I did not fly 3,000 miles to get an American car! Anyway, while on authoban the car did draw attention. And people did slow down to look at it. Interestingly enough I was doing 150 km/hr, roughly 95 mph without a problem. Only when going slightly uphill the engine complained. Hope I get better car this Sunday, but again it is going to be automatic with AC so you never know.

So some people liked it, some not (like a good friend of mine who said it reminded him a “milk truck” from the past……..).

There is a car for everyone. And mind you there are many people in the world that would be very happy owning a car, any car!

Let’s enjoy our rides. There are not so bad afterall……

·
Registered
781 Posts
And some people don't care what they drive - that's why we have cars like the Pontiac Aztek and the Honda Element.

:)

·
5,244 Posts
GMTURBO43 said:
And some people don't care what they drive - that's why we have cars like the Pontiac Aztek and the Honda Element.

Love your statement!!!!:D

·
Registered
982 Posts
GMTURBO43 said:

My neighbor has the Element... we make so much fun of it. It's just aweful looking.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
GMTURBO43 said:
And some people don't care what they drive - that's why we have cars like the Pontiac Aztek and the Honda Element.:)
Forget abput Aztek. That is just a wierd car, but I thought Element was cute when it first came out, Honda loyalty I suppose as I had a CRV then. But one SUV or crossover I would never buy is the Subaru. I just don't want people laughing at me when I am driving...:D

·
Registered
781 Posts
I wonder if on the Aztec boards and Element boards they talk about how hideous the Murano is.

Nah - how could they?

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
GMTURBO43 said:
I wonder if on the Aztec boards and Element boards they talk about how hideous the Murano is.

Nah - how could they?

Just googled for "aztek message board" and read a couple of the first posts I came to. This is from one of them:

"I went to a focus group and the element and aztek were there. and some other cars. The Aztek is the ugliest car in the world. Not so bad inside, but geez."

Need I say more...:2:

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I actually liked the Tourag, generally speaking but it didn't offer enough leg room for me. The MO has great up front leg room.

I think the Tourag would like better with slighly larger wheels. Perhaps not as big as the MO but the ones on there no just look too small for it. Maybe I;m just used to looking at the MO.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I like the Toureg a lot. Reliability scores have been low I think.

It is too expensive for me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
:cool: Cool! What got me was my bro got the Mo as loaner when he dropped off his car to be fixed. We drove a lot in that thing and I fell in love with it. A good few months later, I bought one. That was last September. :D

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
Hey, I even brought us a forum member!

I worked with our very own "msfiveiron" on a project and I used to drive the gang to lunch. His lease was up and he picked up a nice new '04 Pewter. Of course, he also cursed me because riding with me made him realize he just couldn't do without the nav. Unfortunately, his nav kept showing him driving on the wrong side of the interstate for some reason.

I used to hang out at FA, so he registered here months before I did, and boy did he ride me until I signed up!

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
But one SUV or crossover I would never buy is the Subaru. I just don't want people laughing at me when I am driving
LOL :2:
Every time I see the "dust in the wind" commercial my kids laugh at it.
They say, "OMG Dad, how can they say that?"
What an ugly azz nose...and they ripped pff the doors and upswept rear windows from the Mo.....loooooooooser.
And the aztec...oh dear...I bet the designer is sweeping floors somewhere.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts