Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...2005 SL AWD in Platinum/Charcoal with Touring, Technology, Chrome Wheels, etc.

FWIW, Harte Nissan Internet Sales in Hartford, CT was very accomodating. List on the car was $39,040 with the options and they sold it to me for $520 under the invoice price of $35,296 without any of the usual dickering. Plus they let me take an extended test drive Wed - Thanksgiving Thursday - Friday. Plus they gave me loaner 05 Altima while I was waiting for my MO to get delivered since my Exploder was completely shot. Very nice.

I got to drive the Murano to the BMW dealer on Friday morning to do a head-to-head with the X3. I know most people here thing the X5 is a more direct comparison, but the wife drives a Cooper S and she liked the X3 because it drove like the Mini. The BMW dealer refused to negotiate price, sticking to sticker. I got "I've sold BMWs for 13 years and never sold a car for invoice," and, my favorite, "people who can afford our cars don't care what about the invoice price." Ok, dude, I guess you just don't want to sell me a car. I'll take the MO back to the dealer and just buy that...

Thanks to this board for helping me make the choice. Lurked for a long time before making the leap.

Now I need to figure out what to do with my mini-ITX mp3, GPS, WiFi computer from Explorer since I don't need that anymore. Dension has the ice>Link Plus coming out so I figure I'll do the mp3 thing that way.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Saito, welcome to the family. You will enjoy the MO..

Now I need to figure out what to do with my mini-ITX mp3, GPS, WiFi computer from Explorer since I don't need that anymore. Dension has the ice>Link Plus coming out so I figure I'll do the mp3 thing that way.
You can always sell it in ebay or mp3car.com forum
Lots of carputer mania there.:rolleyes:

X3 VS murano? I am glad you choose the murano. You will not regret it.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Saito

Welcom aboard. What did you think of the X3/X5 in comparison to the Murano. Car and Driver once stated that the Murano had alot of the X5 qualities for $10K less. Good luck with your Murano.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
so you got the intelligent key right? Is there a button you push on the dash to start the car with that? Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got the intelligent key. When the key's in your pocket, you push a button on the door handle you push to open or to lock the car. There's a similar button on the back. To start the car, you just turn the ignition switch; no need to put the key in. Cool, but the manual clearly states "Do not lock the key in the car unattended." Anybody could open the car and take off.

I thought the X5 was very like the MO in terms of how it drove and felt on the road. I test a drove a 3.0 and thought it was little anemic in the X5. But I was looking at $34K for a 2002 base model and $46 to $52 for a nicely equipped 2002/2003. Yikes. Much more MO for the money.

The X3 was a blast. Much more car-like in its feel. The transmission was right on. Under heavy acceleration the engine went just to redline before shifting. It was smaller, though, and the salesman was a PITA.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I too debated btw an X3 and a Murano. I really wanted the X5, but its costs was much much more.

I loved the performance of the X3.. felt like driving a 3-series. I was able to drive an X3 at the BMW Autocross and doing 70 mph on a tight curning course was a hoot. The other nice thing is the huge panoramic moonroof.

But, I was looking at a X3 2.5 with decent options, and the quoted price ($500 over invoice) was MORE than than the list price of my 2004 AWD SL Touring.. So my Murano had options that the X3 lacked like a 245 hp engine vs. 184 hp, Xenons, heated seats, 6 Disc changer/premium audio, alarm... and it is more roomy inside, and more cargo space.

So far I am loving my Murano.. the CVT is so smooth, and I feel I've mad the right choice. Enjoy yours!

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
I too was considering an x3 until I climbed in the backseat at a car show and couldn't fit my feet in the feetwells. I wear a size 11, so I can't imagine what my bigger friends would feel like getting in that car, but now I don't have to. Shaq would be comfy in the back seat of a Murano.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Also just pick ours up...

A beautiful 05 SE AWD Chardonnay loaded with everything but Sat. And after 350 miles between yesterday and today we both love having "MOreen" ride along with us in that little NAV box. Ya know if you bypass a turn, the tone of her voice never changes....She just recalculates the route without a hint of aggitation :D

Waiting on my Colgan Bra, Hitch and bike rack. Oh by the way, got 26 mpg on I-5, and 22 mpg though the Cascades... And no problems have surfaced. I'm a happy camper so far.

·
Midnight Marauder
80 Posts
Snow MO said:
I too was considering an x3 until I climbed in the backseat at a car show and couldn't fit my feet in the feetwells. I wear a size 11, so I can't imagine what my bigger friends would feel like getting in that car, but now I don't have to.
Good! I knew I wasn't the only one that had a difficult time getting in and out of that car!! I feel your pain! We ended up choosing an RX330 instead of the X3 we test drove.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Do you have both a MO an a RX330 ? GRIP :D

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
OK HOLD YOUR HATS! I am thinking about trading my less than 1000 miles 04 MO Petwer Touring SL and getting a New 05 in Platium SL with every thing they have on it. AM I NUTS? GRIP :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Do It !

You will love the back up camera... and of course the new car smell!

Ours now has 395 miles on it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Just picked up my 05 loaded

All I can say is what a car so far 100 miles on it. No rattles just a tight car.The nav unit will have a learning curve but it is real cool to have. I have the 6 disc changer does it play mp3? It is the SE in blue and lite int.The price was 700 under COOL..sticker was 39040 paid 34800

O MO.............:rolleyes:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No, it does not play MP3.

For such an advanced car, youda thought they coulda put in a stereo that played MP3 discs.

Oh, well...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts