Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read several complaints on eopinions.com about torque steer in the MO. I haven't experienced it at all in my AWD, but then I don't often accelerate hard while cornering.

Is it an issue with FWD MOs? Or AWDs when driven more aggressively?

·
5,268 Posts
I've got FWD and really do not feel that the torque steer is excessive.............yes, it is detectable during hard acceleration but that all..........nothing to talk about to much..........;)

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
It should be equally noticeable on the FWD and AWD versions. The reasoning is this: it's only really noticeable if you have good traction, thereby the AWD will not be active.

The time I notice it most, is when I floor it and turn to pass someone. I noticed it because I'm used to RWD vehicles, but as time goes on, I've pretty much gotten used to it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've had my 2004 SL FWD for about three weeks now and I absolutely love it! I do have a minor issue however. If I take off from a dead stop into a turn at a fairly quick rate I feel the steering sort of go soft or feel funny anyway (I don't really know how to describe it). It's almost like this is the opposite of how most people define torque steer where it gets very difficult to turn the wheel. After straighteneing out everything returns to normal.

Now, keep in mind that this doesn't happen at all during normal driving. I must confess that it's only when I'm playing around a little to see what the handling is really like. If I'm at a slow speed making a turn it doesn't see to happen- only from a dead stop and accelerating into a turn (felt it going both left and right).

Any comments? Is this normal?

Thanks,
jimmymac

1 - 4 of 4 Posts