Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

Has anybody who owns 2WD MO noticed that it pulls to the right when accelerating? i have had my wheels balanced and alignment done. still can feel it.

is it torque steering or is it BS from the dealership?

·
Premium Member
8,367 Posts
The 2WD Murano will torque steer more than the AWD model, which would have probably diverted some power to the rear before the front wheels are overwhelmed.

245hp to the front wheels, I would imagine there is some torque steer.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have a '03 FWD MO and when I punch it I get torque steer. I read a review in one of the car magazines and they mentioned it, so I was expecting it to happen. The tires always pulls to the right for me. I figure it is due to the slope of the road. Since I replaced the OEM tires with Toyo Proxies the torque steer is reduced but still there. It only lasts a few yards then settles down.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
It's torque steer.
They have minimized it, but you can still feel it pulling.
It will always pull to the right.

A few years ago, 245 HP to a FWD would have been nearly impossible to control. (Of course a few years ago, 245 HP to a FWD would have trashed the differential/half shafts, etc)

Homer

·
5,244 Posts
Ye, I have it as well. Not a big deal though. Just anoying at times when you swithc from RWD to FWD..............nothing bits fun of driving powerfull, torquey RWD without traction control on unsealed roads.............
:2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.