Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont have pics yet but my wife got T-boned at 60mph as she was crossing an intersection today. I believe the Mo is dead but will wait to here from the insurance company, luckily she is ok but has bruising and cuts on the arm from the side airbags, thank goodness for those. Anyway might be getting an 06 out of it. i will have pics later.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
jmeitz said:
I dont have pics yet but my wife got T-boned at 60mph as she was crossing an intersection today. I believe the Mo is dead but will wait to here from the insurance company, luckily she is ok but has bruising and cuts on the arm from the side airbags, thank goodness for those. Anyway might be getting an 06 out of it. i will have pics later.
Delighted to hear your wife is OK. Bruises and cuts are a small price to pay.

Yet another "successful" Murano crash. I guess the MO really is tougher than she looks.

T-Boned at 60? Smart money says it's totalled.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
jmeitz-

I am happy to read your wife was able to walk away from the accident with nothing more serious than bruises. The MO is proving itself to be one well designed and tough SUV.

Mr3Putt is right, getting t-boned at 60 mph does not usually result in a repairable vehicle.

-njjoe

·
Registered
238 Posts
njjoe said:
jmeitz-

Mr3Putt is right, getting t-boned at 60 mph does not usually result in a repairable vehicle.

-njjoe
may be it should read

... getting t-boned at 60 mph does not usually result in a repairable driver.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Was the impact on Drivers or Passenger side?

:eek:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Dang! A t-boning at 60 mph is no small hit at all. Glad to hear your wife is OK and only has bruises and minor cuts. I'm glad the MO protected your wife well. Let us know how it all turns out...

Bob

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
4,994 Posts
Sorry I assumed she got hit at the door

The Mo may well be repairable.

·
4,994 Posts
Now this is a T-Boned & Totaled MO

:eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Re: Sorry I assumed she got hit at the door

Yeah, T-Boned usually means, well, uh, T-Boned.
Still a narly looking crash though....

In any event, that Murano did hold up pretty well. It looks like the grill is unscathed.

Totalled?

I'm no expert, but I must agree with Don, I think probably not totalled.

I'll betcha that little white car is history though. How's the "other" guy looking?

Wife and car OK right?..... Things could been much worse.
Count your blessings.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
jmeitz-

Thanx for the pix.

Any summons?

Not to minimize your wife's accident, but that is not as bad as it could have been. Getting hit in the mid-section at 60 MPH usually produces disastrous results. There is very little room to "crumple" in the door area.

The front-end, on the other hand, has much more area to absorb the impact.

My first thought upon seeing your wife's MO is that it is repairable. Hell, with a couple wacks on the sheet metal and a few bungee cords I think it is almost drivable. The A-pillar looks creased but the glass is not broken so it is hard to determine the severity of the damage.

Anyway, your wife is fine and that is really all that matters.

-njjoe

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am just going by what the tow guy told me, he said under body"frame" and rest of the drive train looked pretty bent up. I am not sure if i want a car that has to have the frame bent out. Also one thing i am concerned about is that the car was in park and they were draggin it about 1000 ft and the wheels would pretty much skid across the ground and every once in a while they would spin. i wonder what that does for the tranny.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I don't think it is totaled either.. but if you have concerns about the tranny I'd get someone reputable to look at it before the insurance adjuster shows up. Adjusters tend to *miss* those sort of things.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Ctx said:
I don't think it is totaled either.. but if you have concerns about the tranny I'd get someone reputable to look at it before the insurance adjuster shows up. Adjusters tend to *miss* those sort of things.
Let me clarify. I got T-boned in a Miata at about 35 mi/hr. Passenger side thankfully. 3/4 of car was destroyed yet Allstate wrote it up for $2100 damage (oh boy I wish I had pictures!). Car was U shaped. To make matters worse my roommate had gotten keyed and to replace the panels (all cosmetic) on a Pontiac was $2000. You get my drift... Anywho.. when all was said and done the Miata was repaired for $8000 (all add-in cost that the adjuster missed.) Let's not let go the fact the dealer (who fixed it) missed the busted engine mounts completely and I had to go back in after my valves "didn't settle right".. lolol!! Idiots!

So. If your adjuster is close to "total" which I don't believe it will be in this case then get an expert opinion. Miata should have been totaled... it wasn't. I lost out on resale and insurance company saved a few K on my dime. Boo.

·
4,994 Posts
I forgot that part

Just try and sell a really damaged car < meaning one that has been in a sever accident, ( You must divulge that when trading ot selling.)

ALWAYS DO evertthing you can to get it totaled. (unless you car is irreplacable for some reason.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Pics don't look that bad, but I'd bet the transmission took a pretty good blow and may need to be replaced. Try to push for totalling the vehicle if you can. If your insurance company won't total it, then I'd probably let them fix it and trade it in on a new MO.

I see that the driver of the white Pontiac is a Tony Stewart fan (#20.) Dang, just because Tony drives that way doesn't me that they have to... :p

Best of luck with your insurance company and, again, I'm glad that your wife wasn't more seriously hurt. Looks like the air bags did their job.

Bob

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i talked to the repair shop and they dont think its totaled but havent fully check it out. it wont start they said, airbags possibly? anyway if not totaled how much can i expect to lose on a trade or sale since it was near total?

·
4,994 Posts
If you trade it in to the dealer repairing it.

The loss would be minimized. depends on his inventory, The markup he makes on the repair which he can use to discount his aquisition cost and how well the final repair looks and the lower price he will get when trying to retale or wholesale the vehicle If you wnat a guess IMO 5 to 10% others may differ.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
One other thing to add, they are going to add in the cost of the engine since it wont start and it ran for about 20-25 min with no anti freeze and the cost of possibly a new tranmission since the tow company dragged it about 1k feet while in park and one of the wheels started to spin and then locked up again. i will hopefully know later today what the verdict will be. the body shop said with out looking into details just from his guess was about 7k in damages.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts