Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First my 94 Pathfinder gets t-boned by some idiot who "didn't see me". It went up on two wheels three times before stopping and only the man upstairs knows why the thing didn't roll. I loved that vehicle (and it was paid off!), but had been eyeing these Muranos for some time. Fortunately, my insurance company really took care of me on this one and I started dealing with the local dealers around here.

Anyway, a week ago, I came to terms with one on an '04 that was to be delivered yesterday. After waiting all day, the salesman called and said the truck had been delayed one week. Supposedly, the salesman had put a lock on the vehicle, but I can't help but wonder if someone scooped it out from under us?? Or, can Nissan just arbitrarily delay dealer shipments?

Well, the insurance stops paying for the rental yesterday, so I am in a jam. Then the salesman calls me back and says they will let me borrow a vehicle until mine comes in. So, they gave me a blue MO (no leather, d***) to drive. Pretty kewl, I thought.

Anyway - just ranting a bit here. I had the Zaino kit arrive Thurs and was all ready for an intimate weekend with the new vehicle...sigh. :(

BTW, this is a great site and I have learned alot about the MO lurking around here. Good work guys/gals.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Sorry to hear about the Pathfinder

Sorry to hear about your Pathfinder. That sucks.

As for the '04 MO: It's possible that someone had ordered that vehicle. It seems that salespeople and sales managers rarely speak with each other about these things. But at least they put you in a MO for the week until your car arrives. That's customer service! I doubt any dealer in Los Angeles would have done that.

I'd enjoy the Blue MO that you've got now to get a feel for the handling, acceleration, etc. until your MO arrives.

BTW, what color, options and trim level did you order?

Bob K.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not whining

Oh yeah, I mean the dealer seems to be doing their best to keep me happy in the meantime and I think that is great. I will definitely remember that and pass it on if anyone ever asks about their service.

I am getting the Midnight Blue SL AWD with touring package. The dealer couldn't find SL AWD with a NAV hitting the shores in the next 45 days which is as far out as he can look. So I think I will have to look for an after-market NAV solution and see if that is doable without messing up the looks of the interior.

·
Registered
400 Posts
If it were me, I'd get the factory nav

It's actually very cool, and it's integrated. I think someone else tried to price-out what a nav system would cost if he did it himself and the tab came to $7K. (I'm sure that was full retail for the parts though.)

If you really want Nav, I'd advise you to have your dealership find a car at another dealer and have them dealer trade for it.

Bob K.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Factory Nav

The problem is that there just aren't any SL AWD with NAV around and I have to get into a vehicle this week. There is one SE AWD with NAV in town, but
a) the SE is more $$
b) I have heard the SE ride is a little harsher than the SL.

I don't know what other differences the SE has over the SL. I actually never test drove an SE.

·
Registered
400 Posts
True on both counts...

The SE, on 2003 models, was about $850 more than an SL when equipped with identical options. I got the SE even though I originally wanted the SL for the softer ride. I can tell a little bit of a difference, but honestly, it's not that big of a difference. Coming from a Pathfinder, both SL and SE will have a smoother ride IMHO.

I heard this little axiom once that rang true: "The price will be long forgotten before the quality has." In this case, I think you'll forget about the difference in price over time, but you may miss the Navigation System if you really wanted it. That's why I opted to go "full boat" and got an SE with the Nav.

I'd go test drive that SE and compare for yourself. Also, the 2004 SE's have the CVT that is preprogrammed with 6 shiftpoints. You can play with that tranny like it's a tiptronic.

Good luck! Let us know what you end-up with!

Bob K.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts