Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

When I bought my MO I got touch of class paint protection applied. The dealer told me that I will not have to wax my car again. How true is that ? How effective is touch of class product to really keep the contaminants away ?

I might start applying wax regularly , especially express wax - just in case.

pkhona

·
Registered
8 Posts
I also had the dealer give my Murano the "Touch of Class" treatment, and he told me that it should last 3 years. But I'm thinking, if it's supposed to last that long, why did he give me a few bottles of the wax and cleaning materials to go with it? I put a call in to the dealer to find out how to maintain the shine other than just washing it, so hopefully they get back to me. If they say that it's ok to wax it, I'll probably use the wax they gave me and top it off with some Klasse sealant.

The dealer threw in the treatment for free, so I didn't really lose out on anything. But I do know that the upholstery treatment does work from first hand experience. My son spilled an entire drink on the seats and I was able to actually scoop up most of the drink back into the cup. After getting the rest with a towel, you wouldn't have even known there was a spill there.

If the paint or upholstery fades, the dealer assured me that they will replace/repaint for free, so I think it's worth looking in to.

Murano Pics

·
Registered
8 Posts
where did you get those pedals? i would love to get a set like that.

-Nerf
I picked them up from my local Kragen auto supply, and the cool thing is that it only cost $14. I'm still trying to find an open package for the manual pedals so that I could buy the clutch pedal and put it on the emergency brake pedal. Haven't been able to find a dead pedal though.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
It's coming along beautifully.
Everything seems to add to the class of the vehicle as opposed to some that seem to be garish add ons.

One thing I would like to clarify.
Are those the Factory chrome wheels?
Did they appear on you invoice?

I think they are gorgeous but might entail a long wiat as I understand they are not available at this time.

Homer

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, those are the factory 18 inch chrome rims. When I was in the process of buying the truck, I saw the rims on display on a silver Murano in the front, and I asked the dealer if there were anymore available. He said that there wasn't, but since no one had bought the silver one on display, he was willing to swap the regular rims with chrome ones. He even credited me the amount of the regular wheels and charged me the difference, so it came out to around $600 for the set. I got really lucky I guess:D

I know what you mean about the garish add-ons. I went to a 4x4 store to see how the chrome step bumper would look attached to the hitch in the back, and besides blocking the view of the dual muffler tips, it was just too much. I'm pretty much finished with adding anything to the truck thinking that 'less is more'. My only regret is not spending the extra money for the navigational system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts