Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has taken SUV market by storm. Starts of winning Motor Trends car award and NOW wins MOTOR WEEKS reader choice award for the year.

How would it compare to MO.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
unless you are getting the bigger engine option...

the smaler engine pulls the car worse than a I-4 engine.

Its power to weight ratio is too small.
The catch of going bigger engine is it will get really pricey, almost in the realm of an X5. (for a VW :p)

I test drove a touareg when i send my audi for a service, the salesman is also the one my gf bought another audi with. Touareg interior is on the other hand, awesomely executed. Really nice.

It used Audi's A8 iknob, something like bmw 7 series idrive, but more intuitive and ergonomicaly designed.

Overal, for "Bang for the Buck" , murano wins.
For handsomely executed suv, Touareg "WITH" bigger engine wins.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Re: unless you are getting the bigger engine option...

SugarRushMurano said:
the smaler engine pulls the car worse than a I-4 engine.

Overal, for the bang for the buck, murano wins.
For handsomely executed champ, Touareg "WITH" bigger engine wins.
Unless you get the NAV in the VW, it's terribly designed and also still CD based. Completely unacceptable for the appropriately powered V8 version at close to 50K.

The Murano kills it for value, unless your looking for a serious off road vehicle.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Like a lot of vehicles, too small for me. The leg room is phenomenal in the Murano.

Off road yes the Touareg is the big winner. But here in the CT most areas are closed to offroad. Plus I would have to wait at least four to five years before taking a 30-40K vehicle offroad.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Luxury and off-road just don't mix with me.

Off-road? Buy a Wrangler.

Luxury? Get the Lexus.

But to go muddin' with a bright and shiny Toureg? Sure, maybe if you can afford to get it detailed every week. I can't imagine any Toureg owner actually washing their own car.. ;)

·
5,268 Posts
Doombringer said:
Luxury and off-road just don't mix with me.

Off-road? Buy a Wrangler.

Luxury? Get the Lexus.

But to go muddin' with a bright and shiny Toureg? Sure, maybe if you can afford to get it detailed every week. I can't imagine any Toureg owner actually washing their own car.. ;)

You have the point. I have never understood people paying big bucks for luxury SUV packed with off road features.

An old friend of mine had two cars - a good family sedan for everyday driving and WWII jeep (yes, it is not mistake!) for off road driving. He would take the Jeep to places that owners of other SUV would dream only! An it was easy to repair, scratches were not an issue:D

·
4,664 Posts
I think the Toolrag would be better if it wasn't built by VW...

Probably a lot lighter and faster too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts