Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I have a 2016 Nissan Murano SL AWD and we're looking to get a motorhome and want to be able to tow our Murano naturally but so far we can't seem to find a clear answer on whether it can be towed with a tow dolly or if it could only be towed on a trailer (which we don't want to do). We've pretty much figured out it can't be towed 4 on the floor so we know it's either a tow dolly or a trailer but again, we'd prefer tow dolly but can't find out for sure if that's possible.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
My wife and I have a 2016 Nissan Murano SL AWD and we're looking to get a motorhome and want to be able to tow our Murano naturally but so far we can't seem to find a clear answer on whether it can be towed with a tow dolly or if it could only be towed on a trailer (which we don't want to do). We've pretty much figured out it can't be towed 4 on the floor so we know it's either a tow dolly or a trailer but again, we'd prefer tow dolly but can't find out for sure if that's possible.
From the owner's manual...

Reactions: dusman59

·
Super Moderator
8,989 Posts
Long story short: it's not practical, and the Murano isn't designed to be towed in any fashion except all four wheels off the ground.

An older CR-V might be a good option. They are popular with the motorhome set because they have a tranny neutral position allowing them to be towed. Same for most Jeeps, and there are plenty of those around. One of the old series (1983-2001) Cherokees would work very well. If you're towing it behind a motor home, I assume it's an occasional-use vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
1,375 Posts
I always rented a full car dolly from U-Hall when I needed to tow my '03 AWD Murano behind a motorhome.

A little of a hassle dumping the car and dolly, but most RV parks have a spot just for boat and car tow trailers.

Good luck.

Have a good day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts