Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I saw some brief threads on here, but wanted to know thoughts on towing a 5' x 8' UHaul Trailer with my 18 Murano Platinum? I would be towing from the east coast to midwest (Baltimore to Chicago) which would involve the Penna Turnpike (mountains) through Ohio into Chicago. I need the trailer room for smaller furniture such as our couch (it's pretty light), my aluminum desk frame and queen bed frame, kitchen stools, etc. I would load it evenly, and would max out my weight around 1750lbs total.

Also, anyone have costs to install the factory hitch on a 2018 Platinum? I see that they have to reinstall the lift gate sensor on this model. Thanks!

FWIW, my Murano has been well maintained and only has 32k on it. No issues thus far.

·
Administrator
9,099 Posts
Must be coming up summer, with two towing questions here back to back....

Towing intelligently and not trying to drive 80 MPH up steep hills, I would be willing to do that tow. Just drive and accelerate moderately. I believe the factory rating on that 2018 is 1500 lbs, right? (Owner's manual?)

As for the hitch - I'd put an aftermarket hitch on it for half the price, pull the fuse or otherwise turn off the lift gate sensor, and when resell the hitch when I arrived. I do recommend getting the factory wiring harness for the trailer.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I would add that the towing weight limit assumes just the driver in the car and no additional weight (e.g. luggage). Given that you're relocating, I would guess that you're going to have the trunk and rest of the car filled with your stuff so you'll need to consider that any additional weight besides your own that's in the car will effectively reduce the towing capacity.

Reactions: Pilgrim

·
Administrator
9,099 Posts
You will break your legs going through all these menus, toyota has 2-3 buttons to control everything.
Um...only if you operate the touch screen with your feet. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts