Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Initial Impression:

I got my first chance to try out the Toyo Proxes S/Ts in the snow this morning, and I must say, I'm impressed again. I thought they wouldn't be that great, but they definately exceed the stock Goodyears in terms of braking. Acceleration is better than the stock tires, but it's easier to swing the rear end out. That is probably due to the increased width of these tires (255 vs. 235 stock).

I'll post more once I have a chance to get to play in a parking lot and really push the tires. :eek:

·
Registered
45 Posts
wow, I love to hear that, because I just changed to the same tires but bigger size (265 45 20). :) :)

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got a chance to play in the snow last night. I'm quite happy with how these tires perform. After doing a few circles in a parking lot, I can say that the lateral traction is very close, although a little less, than the OE Goodyears. The braking traction is much, much better and the acceleration traction is slightly better.

I'll post another review when we get some deep snow.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Is this Toyo Proxes tire all season or winter tires?

Forgive me for asking the question....

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got a chance to REALLY try them out in really snowy weather this weekend. I drove 1200kms, more than half of which was on snow covered roads.

These tires work good in snow, but they really suck in slush. I was getting pulled all over the place, and didn't feel completely in control at all times. This was in 3 or 4 inches of slush, so other tires might not have performed much better.

That being said, I don't think I'll bother getting snow tires this year, because I feel that conditions were worse than usual.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts