Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed Toyo Proxes ST 275/55/18 on my '04 SL AWD. No rubbing even with a full load of adults in back. :D I love the improved grip over the stock goodyears. They do make a little more noise than the goodyears. Just turn up the stereo.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Been running Toyo Proxex S/T for about a month now. 255/60/R18
LOVE THEM. Haven't noticed the noise but I really like music so.....
The performance improvement over the OEM POS that came on the MO is amazing.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
could you please post a picture. i was wondering if these would fit the murano and the guys at toyo suggested they would but not to do it because there would be a "rounded" contact patch which would reduce handeling.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Toyo Proxes S/T 275/55/18

I just checked the Toyo web site and here it is:

275/55/R18 114V 242480 7.5-8.5-9.5 39 11 29.8 11.1 13.6 2601 50 696

or the link
http://www.toyo.com/tires/tire_specsheet.cfm?id=6

They say the narrowest rim is a 7.5" for the 275 and I can tell you that they are NOT rounded. The extra width looks great and fills up the wheel wells.

I will try to get some pics as soon as it stops raining.

Oh and did I say I love these tires especially compared to the POS goodyears. They handle great in the wet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pics Toyo Proxes 275/55/18

Okay I finally got around to posting the pics of the tires. I hope this helps with the debate of if they fit. I am confident though that since Toyo says they will fit a 7.5" wide rim, they do!

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
WOW! LOOKS GOOD! Nice and wide.

Homer

OK, I'm just messin around.
I don't see no stinkin' pictures.........:eek:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Proxes' 275's?

I hate to be the shmuck here. :rolleyes: Have you considered the weight of those tires versus the stock good years or the Proxes 255's (that I have).
I am sure that they look neat, however, will they wear the suspension components out at a faster rate? Just wondering. :confused: Darrell.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Toyo Proxes 275/55/18

Okay very funny! I'm getting used to this forum and it didn't give me any warning that it would not upload the pics. Hopefully it works this time.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
we need more! More! MORE! pictures!!!:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As for the weight

See the link I posted to the Toyo web site for tire weights. The 275 is 39 lbs and the 255 is 37 lbs. I will take the extra weight for the extra grip. And as for the goodyears I would not put those POS tires on my car ever again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Another pic

Here is another pic. As you can see I had the siping done. I have had a lot of people tell me it is good. Any thoughts.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
4qts-

Thanx for the pix. How do the new tires compare to the GY OEMs?? Dry handling? Wet handling? Ride? Noise?

-njjoe

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Toyo vs GY

As I think that I have already stated, I think that the GYs are complete POS tires. They just roll over and squeal. The Toyo Proxes are great tires. Sure handling in the dry and wet. The grip is phenomenally better than the stock tires. The ride is great. I had the siping done at Les Schwab...they tend to push it stating that it make the ride better and the tires last longer??? I do notice some different noise from the tires, but nothing louder than the stock tires and it can easliy be overcome by turning up the tunes.:D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Without trying to sound like a dumb ******* from TN; could you tell me what the heck "siping" tires even is. I've never heard of it. I'm running on 255/60 Proxes s/t with Nitrogen and they are hands down the best tires I have ever had.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
TN- if you look at the last posted picture notice the lines that go across the width of the tread. those are actually cuts in the tread of the tire called sipes. apparently they are supposed to improve traction in many condtions especially in the snow.

·
Registered
828 Posts
TN Ripper said:
Without trying to sound like a dumb ******* from TN; could you tell me what the heck "siping" tires even is. I've never heard of it. I'm running on 255/60 Proxes s/t with Nitrogen and they are hands down the best tires I have ever had.
I think it involves cutting slices into the tire threads, razor thin. Sort of like deck shoes.

If that makes sense.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
Many people believe that siping is only for icey conditions. These tires should not be used in icey conditions (I used them for a whole winter, bad idea).

Part of what makes these tires handle so well is the shape of the tread blocks. If you go cutting that up.... On the other hand, it looks like your sipes are completely lateral (side to side), so they shouldn't affect cornering, but might affect braking (for worse on dry pavement, for better on ice). These tires have amazing stopping ability though :)

I find my Proxes S/Ts have gotten REALLY noisy. I've probably got about 40,000km on them (24,000 miles). They're definately lasting longer than the Eagle L/Ss.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Very interesting. We see snow very rarely if ever down here in West Tennessee. I grew up and went to college ( back in the dark-ages ) in Memphis. I hope that I get a few more miles out of these than those POS GY that came on it. I only got about 37K and they were shot.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I was thinking about getting these... my only cern is that the extra size tire puts more load on everything in the drive train... more or less. Do you tihnk I'm being overly concerned?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts