Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put the TPMS in 22" tires.
I am getting 265/40/22 and don't want to shell out the money for a second set of TPMS if they won't work in this size of tire.
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I have successfully put 22" chrome wheels on my Nissan Murano.
A couple pitfalls that I had to deal with..
1) The proper sized hubcentric rings for the Nissan Murano is a 73 mm outer diameter (which is the size of bore on MOST aftermarket wheels), and an inner diameter of 66.06 mm which is the hub size on the Nissan Murano.
2) The lug nuts on the Nissan are 12x1.25, but the ones they sent me with my wheels and tires were 12x1.5. I guess 12x1.25 is much less common, only really used in Nissan vehicles.
3) Fitting 22" wheels requires the overall diameter of the wheel and tire to remain the same as the OEM wheel and tire, which is 30". The tire size I chose was 265/40/22, which gave a diameter of 30.3" which is 1% different from OEM and within the recommended 3% range. There are some other choices, but this is the one I settled on.
4) The TPMS stems won't fit in my aftermarket rims, so I can't use the system with these wheels. There are some aftermarket rims that will accept the TPMS stems, however I don't know a reliable way to find this information out.

Good luck, the Murano actually looks really good on the 22" wheels.

Mike

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Can you drill out or sleve so the stems will fit?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is a picture of my 2004 Murano SE AWD with 22" chrome wheels, and 265/40/22 Toyo Proxes S/T.

The ride is actually MUCH improved! It now corners like its on rails (reminds me more of my Porsche carrera). The OEM tires seemed to 'roll' in the corners.

Take care!
Mike

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts