Nissan Murano Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
I assume TPMS was a federal safety requirement for manufacturers and not part of a state inspection but I could be wrong...

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Dealer told me that, although he believes they may have the actual ability, no dealer would be allowed to bypass the system for legal reasons.

·
Super Moderator
7,673 Posts
Dealer told me that, although he believes they may have the actual ability, no dealer would be allowed to bypass the system for legal reasons.
Yup. Never ever will a dealer defeat safety equipment. it's a multi-million dollar lawsuit on countdown.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Good to know, thanks!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Off topic, I saw once where someone had aftermarket wheels on and no TPMS sensor. Instead they drilled and installed all the sensors into the spare tire in the trunk to keep the warning light off lol.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
wow - creative but it probably worked...

·
Registered
726 Posts
wow - creative but it probably worked...
If your goal is to keep light off (either for aesthetic reasons or other inspection reasons), then this is an option...of sorts. However, my real reason for not installing on working rims would be the cost of replacing when the batteries dies as these units have no replaceable batteries, right? At more than $200 a set, would be happy to forget about something I never really use.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts