Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a flat tire the other day, I had it fixed by the dealer and I installed it myself.
The flat tire light has been on ever since I installed it . I check the pressure of all four tires and seem ok. Does any body Know how to reset the flat tire warning light?

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have had mine come on a couple of times and it seems to stay on until I add some air and drive it a little bit. So my suggestion is add some air in all 4 tires to 33 pounds and drive it and it should go off after a few miles or kilometers as you would say up there. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
It may just be my suspicious mind, but I wonder if they de-activated your sending unit for that tire with the mysterious tool no one can buy - you know the one - something or other 2 availible to nissan techs only.

Why would they sell you a tire, and not throw it on for you?

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
If after say a full days driving it doesnt reset,You might want to

"Go to where you have an air supply, let all the air out, or at least leaving very little, (don't move the MO, Then repressurize the tire to the correct amount, and try againg for a day. If that does not fix it. Go see the dealer.

G.

·
Registered
470 Posts
The tire sending unit may have been damaged when they removed the tire. Isn't the sending unit part of the valve stem assembly ? I know the valve stems on TPSM wheels are different than the standard stem.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank's guys for the input, I'm going to try all your suggestions.
I still would like to know if there is a way to reset the TPSM for future references. Thanks again.

·
Registered
33 Posts
CONSULT 2 TOOL!!

That's the name of the memory lapse (geeze, I'm only 39 and it's already starting...) and that's what you do to reset the sending units. check in the search as I'm sure I've seen the page from the manual kicking about somewhere. Seems to me that the valve caps are used to transmit the signal somehow. Was one replaced with plastic?

good luck!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Over the weekend, my tire suffered a slash to the inside sidewall - the TPMS system had that steady beep tone for about 5 seconds alerting me to the fact that I had a potential flat tire. Checking the pressure, it was at 21 lbs. Good enough to find a air hose and get it back up to pressure. As soon as pressure was restored the alert went away. No excessive driving or long duration of time required. That night I had to stop 4 times to top off the tire to make it home (it was dang cold out and I wasn't about to sling the spare tire out if I didn't have to), I never had an issue with the alert staying on for extended periods of time when the pressure is correct. A word of caution, DO NOT USE FIX-A-FLAT - it can gum up the tire pressure sensor and you will get false tire pressure readings.

- 03' MO SL AWD/NAV/TPMS/VDC/TOYO Proxies S/T

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Unfortunately Consult 2 is only available at a Nissan dealer, its the $6000 diagnostic computer they use to interface with the car.

Nissan is coming out with Consult 3 soon. Not that it makes a difference to us.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi all... I know that this is a very old thread but I hope somebody can help me...

I have a issue with the TPMS, I changed the tires a couple days ago, and there was a slightly vibration at 60 mph, yesterday I took the car to the shop and got the car align and the tires balanced. Today I was driving at the highway and the wheel is a little turned to the left and the vibration still there... but the funny thing is that the TMPS light is now on and one of the tires is showing **, there was no buzzer only the light, and the pressure is OK, is this a malfunction?? Do the shop people broke something down there??

Please help me... with TPMS issue and with the vibration issue... the car does not vibrate with the previous worn tires...

Thanks...

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Vibration could be due to a bad tire but if the TPMS problem started right after the tire replacement then something must have happened when they did it. If you know which wheel is the problem have them dismount the tire and check for damages.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
I've always had a slight shimmy even with an alignment and balance. I ultimately found out that the inner tie rod on the drivers side was bad. Might want to check your inner and outer tie rods as well as your ball joints. Any play will result in a shimmy.

Not sure what to tell you about your TPMS sensor. Maybe they damaged it when they went to install the tire.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've always had a slight shimmy even with an alignment and balance. I ultimately found out that the inner tie rod on the drivers side was bad. Might want to check your inner and outer tie rods as well as your ball joints. Any play will result in a shimmy.

Not sure what to tell you about your TPMS sensor. Maybe they damaged it when they went to install the tire.
The funny thing was that I mounted the tires last Friday and the light was off.. was until I balanced and aligned the tires yesterday... and also I went home and no light, but today when I hit the highway the light turned on...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts