Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I made like esemes and traded in my fairly-new MO. Here's my new wheels, purchased used. Low mileage...

·
Matthew Lesko
102 Posts
Man.. that is one smooth car.

Now you have me thinking about trading in my Murano.

Seriously though, those things look like theyre about to fall apart.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just kidding ... I wanted to get a rise out of you guys ;)

Seriously the only disappointment is the rattling windows.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ought to come with a jumbo sized brown paper bag so drivers don't get seen in the act.

Every time I see on e of these I just can't understand what they were thinking when they rolled this out! "Say boys why don't we design this but ugly box that looks like something out of a playmobile set and while we are at it lets put the most ridiculassly small wheels on it so any hopes may it have of looking tough are totally defeated.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The wheels on that box look pretty bling. ;)

Although, if Element = Playmobile, H2=Tonka truck, Murano=Rocketship :D :D :D

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL, bling on an Element? Seems kinda pointless, given all that plastic cladding... eesh...

"Yeah, check out my phat ride, yo. Lookit them chrome 16's!" "Uh. The wheels are nice but the rest of your car is gray plastic."

And Playmobile was great.. I've always thought of the Element as the Rubbermaid car, but Playmobile is another great fit ;)

AND.. esemes.. you know the only solution is to buy a used MO. We miss your omnipresence on this forum already! :p

·
Registered
186 Posts
Actually, the Element far outsells the Murano....its not even close....read it last week.

·
08 G37S, Prev MO owner
50 Posts
Laugh now, but your kids will be asking for this milktruck later.. The reason we are starting to see this type of vehicle is because of a large movement for this type of vehicle in Japan.

Toyota branched out an entire new brand (Scion?) to cater to this typer of vehicle which is focused on Generation-Y'ers.

Believe it or not, Nissan has a similar model aptly named the "Cube" in Europe. I know...Blasphemy for a company that could create such a beautiful vehicle such as the Murano, however if there's a demand for it, well... Sometimes you must dance with the devil... :8:

As for me..I'll pass on the milktruck..

Ryan

·
Registered
443 Posts
I can't fault the Scion brand. There's a ton of 'em here in the Bay area and if I only wanted some transportation, it'd be the way to go. Toyota reliability and for a tiny little commuter car, surprising room. (The XA looks like a little midget MO to me...)

Attachments

L

·
0 Posts
I'm starting to get a little nervous.:confused: Trading in your MO because of the window rattle? Was there more to it then you can say? My windows rattle and I'm hoping that there is going to be a fix soon but I am not at the point were I want to get rid of it. The dealer is trying to fix my problem. It is just finding the time to get it to the dealer that is killing me. I got 6K on mine and so far I still like it.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I would never trade in JUST for a window rattle, although it is VERY annoying. It is also embarassing... yesterday, I fought long and hard to not drive a friend somewhere simply because I didn't want them hearing the rattle :/

I (we) should not be ashamed of my (our) Murano(s) because of a build defect that causes it to rattle like a maraca :(

·
Registered
243 Posts
Not that I am missing this rattle, mine is quite as a symphony hall at any speed.

What is your build date, and how come they wont FIX this rattle.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I wouldn't say they "won't" fix the window noise.

In my instance, they "couldn't" fix it.

The problem is that the noise is either caused by many different things on many different cars (Which I doubt) or that they really just don't understand what causes the problem.

I watched my dealers service dept (2 different guys) spend almost an hour trying to find the cause.
They couldn't.
They found nothing wrong.
They put the whole door assy back together with some foam tape added and the noise was there when they tested it, but they didn't know what to do next.

Mine was only one of what I would guess to be 15-20 "open tickets" on "rattles" that my dealer has not been able to close and is waiting for some help from NNA.

I most certainly WILL trade a car for a window rattle.
But I will also give them a little more time to develop a fix.
My car will not have a window rattle in the spring.
Or a brake Squeal or a Turning "thump".
Whether my car is a Nissan Murano is up to Nissan.

I sure hope thay develop fixes. (I think the turning Thump is easy). I think it is the Rack (Of the Rack and Pinion) that is loose.
Easy, but something Nissan should be very ashamed of.

Homer

1 - 20 of 25 Posts