Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a ticket in Hoffman Estates, need to go to the Rolling Meadows Court House on the 18th, anyone know of a good, yet reasonablley priced lawyer?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Depending on the violation it is sometimes easier/cheaper to take court supervision for 90 days. I've never had a problem getting it if your record is clean'ish.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GMTURBO43 said:
Depending on the violation it is sometimes easier/cheaper to take court supervision for 90 days. I've never had a problem getting it if your record is clean'ish.
so do i just go in and ask the judge for supervision and say i have a pretty good record? or do i need to talk to the DA? Any help would be great

·
Registered
792 Posts
Hoffman Estates? Is that DuPage?

Either way...in DuPage they'll look over your record and provided you don't have anything crazy, the judge will ask you to plead guilty and he'll recommend "Court Supervision". I've never had to ask for it.

What this does - if you are clean for 90 days (the judge could say 6 months) it doesn't go on your record. You pay the fine and walk away.

If your speeding ticket was in a construction zone - I'd think of getting a lawyer though.

This should go without saying, but treat the judge with respect. Address them as Your Honor, Sir....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GMTURBO43 said:
Hoffman Estates? Is that DuPage?

Either way...in DuPage they'll look over your record and provided you don't have anything crazy, the judge will ask you to plead guilty and he'll recommend "Court Supervision". I've never had to ask for it.

What this does - if you are clean for 90 days (the judge could say 6 months) it doesn't go on your record. You pay the fine and walk away.

If your speeding ticket was in a construction zone - I'd think of getting a lawyer though.

This should go without saying, but treat the judge with respect. Address them as Your Honor, Sir....
It's in cook county. And i dont have anything crazy on my record, my last ticket was 2 years ago at least and it was for speeding. This ticket was for a 50 in a 35, not in a construction zone or anything and the speed limit had just reduced from 45 a block earlier so it was an oversite on my part. Anyway, i figured i could probably just go in and try to negotiate myself as most people mentioned getting the same treatment that you posted above but I wanna make sure I dont leave with a conviction, the cop was a jerk and i would rather give the money to a lawyer than him.

Thanks for the help :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts