Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be picking up a new tent trailer this coming Monday (May 29th). The trailer has electric brakes so the dealer will be installing the brake control system in the MO. First time for trailer brakes for me. I understand that they will install something that attaches to the brake pedal that activates the trailer brakes slightly ahead of the vehicle brakes. I assume this is pretty straight forward, but thought I'd ask about any issues to be aware of.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Actually....

No, the box merely has a pendulum inside it with a veristor. You can dial up the amperage it gives to the brakes per where the pendulum is at in it’s arc.
What triggers it is merely your brake pedal switch circuit.

Pretty simple and works fine.
All you have to do is remember to dial up the amps a little when in congested traffic and dial it down for open road.

·
Registered
485 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is a shot of the the trailer. Not a great shot, but you get the idea. Turns out that the trailer has hydraulic surge breaks and they worked real well. This trailer weighs in at 2400 lbs. I figure about another 200-300 pounds of cargo. Has a hitch weight of 300 pounds. All in all it pulled really well with lots of torque on the climbs. Venturing out to Gaspe Bay on the east coast in a couple of weeks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts