Nissan Murano Forum banner

Trailer Hitch sold on EBay

3K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  jaak 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I have

It sorta looks like that pic. I will have to take a piccy of it and post.
I think I saw one or two others that have purchased one of these as well. It is very heavy duty. Can't see the muffler at all. It is kinda rough though...and the mounting flange was bent on arrival. But it took one or two yanks with the flange between two dogwoods growing together out front and it fit perfect....I've bent more stuff straight on those two trees....
I'll post a pic of it and you be the judge. I would advise getting out a dremel or die grinder and zizzing off the flash and burrs then painting it before you put it on.
Oh, a tip to make the ball mount rattle free:
I found a fender mat I have used many years to keep from scratching my cars as I worked on them. It is thin neoprene. I cut two 1 inch wide by 3 inch long pieces out and placed them between the ball mount and the hitch socket--tight as a drum and noise free now.
Runnin to get a pic--

#8 ·
Question on Ebay Hitch

It appears that the hittch in the photo is not the actual one shipped. I too am considering this purchase and it looks pretty good. Hey mgthe3, did you drop the muffler when you installed yours? Any other problems other than the bent flange?

njmo

#11 ·
Here's what my Hidden Hitch looked like before installation. Similar construction.

Attachments

#13 ·
Hmmm.... Interesting. The HH is sealed on both ends.

One thing I'd recommend, is paint it before you put it on. Mine's starting to rust a little. (Stupid salt they put on the roads here in the winter...:3: )

#14 ·
I haven't seen an aftermarket hitch not rust, and that's here in the south = no salt. Just very humid. I took a hitch off a dually crewcab once to put on a stronger one (drawtite 12klb hitch) for a camper I was hauling. The original was 6 years old and had zero rust except in the inside where honestly I don't think you could keep it from rusting if you do use your hitch due to metal on metal with a substantial load and a little wiggle factor. I have wondered lately why someone hasn't come out with a nice plastic sock for ball mounts---at least I haven't seen one. They all have room for one. The rattle would be lessened and the rust would be abated.

#15 ·
They're like cheap Bar-B-Qs... Slap them together and watch them rust. As an experiment, I painted the last one I bought and instead of it lasting 3 years, it lasted 7, except for the burner. I finally got sick of it and bought a really nice stainless one.

So a coat of Tremclad or something similar, would be a good idea, before it's put on.

As far as where the ball goes, I think grease is the only way to keep that happy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.