Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some input on trailer hitches, has anyone installed the nissan hitch (class 11), or the hidden hitch (class 11) or the Draw-Tit (class 111), draw-tite seems to be the only one that makes a hitch with a 2" receiver 350lb tongue weight, I cannot find any pictures of any of these installed on a Murano, thanks Joe

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just had a Draw tite hitch put on by a local U haul dealer. The hitch itself looks pretty good and fits well under the back, but the people who installed it didn't know how to hook it up. They assumed it was like other vehicles wireing and it apparently is not. After they probed the wires in the back to connect a standard wiring harness they caused the air bag indicator lamp to start flashing. After going to the dealer to have this fixed they told me that there is a TechServBull. out on this very problem when probing the wires. They reset the indicator lamp, but they could not offer any input on the correct way to attach the harness, they said that Nissan hasn't told them yet. ?????? I find this strange since a hitch and harness is listed as a part by them. So now Monday I have to try to find someone around here that knows how to properly connect the harness. If the people that you are considering to install the hitch can assure you that they know what wires to tap and have experience with the Murano, the Draw tite hitch would be fine.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
There is a tsb on this, you can't go probing wires in the MO or Z. The computer monitors the wiring, presumable for short circuits and what not.

Nissan won't tell U-Haul, they need to go ask. If DrawTite hasn't issued instructions yet...they need to.

Finally, how to connect the wiring is posted in this thread.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I bought the Nissan trailer wiring harness because I was afraid of messing the the wire harnesses. Instead of tapping into the harness, it has connectors that snap into the tailight connectors. Works fine!

·
Registered
37 Posts
gmb, can you post any photos of your murano with draw-tite hitch.. I am interested in getting the draw-tite since it has the 2" receiver.
thanks!

·
Registered
275 Posts
I ordered mine from Nissan, they told me I need a Hitch (Class IV) but the car only tows 3500lbs, a wire harness, and an armature (whatever that is). I ordered it all, we'll see how the install goes...

Any warnings I should know about?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts