Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the Draw-Tite hitch last Friday night. It was very easy to install, only 6 bolts that fit perfectly into the frame bolts. I had to temporarily lower the exhaust in the rear, which took 30 mins. I removed the stickers so it has a clean black look. All told it took 1 hr without the wiring. I plan to use the rack to haul MT. Bikes around so I didn't need the wiring harness. The rack cost $130 instead of the $350 the dealer wanted for the factory hitch.

03 Murano Super Black SL 2WD, Premium Leather, Sunroof, etc..

·
Registered
255 Posts
Can you please post some pics? I would like to see what the draw-tite hitch looks like on the Murano without the stickers as I have thought about getting one of these.

·
MTB guy
29 Posts
Great info, thanks. I would like so see some pictures of this as well. I want to just haul bikes/skis with mine, so I don't need the wiring either.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for the lack of response but in some areas I am living in the dark ages and photography is one of them. I don't have a digital camera to post a picture ( shame on me) This might be the justification to get my wife to agree to getting one. The hitch is all black with a little shin so it hard to see unless you look. It also is nicely positioned evenly between the dual exhaust pipes and covers the rear muffler from view. :4:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was told the factory hitch is a 2" receiver and the Hidden Hitch is a 1 1/4" receiver.

Is this correct? I have a nice bike rack which is made for a 2" reciever so I'm not sure if the Hidden Hitch will work for me.

Thanks!

-Flip

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The draw tite hitch I bought is the 2". It is a type III but only rated to 3500 lbs. It fit perfectly and was aligned to the factory frame mounting nuts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts