Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Having just gone through the nightmare of having the Nissan hitch installed on my 06 SE. I am looking to find out what extension mirrors people who already tow are using with the their Muranos.
I still have the pair I used with the Grand Cherokee but the over hang clamps are too big and push in on the mirror face preventing any adjustment of the stock mirrors. Any suggestions appreciated as I am going on vacation next week and towing a 12 foot Haulmark cargo trailer a long way.

Thank you

Rick

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Rick-

I did a quick search but was unable to find anything specifically made for the MO, which is not surprising.

I suggest you check out any trailer outfits in your region. They may be able to adapt a rig from another Nissan vehicle.

Good luck.

-njjoe

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
If GripperDon was faced with this same problem he probably would have installed a remote camera at the back of the trailer that would play through the in-dash display.

-njjoe

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks everyone for your advice and suggestions. I think I am going to fore-go extension mirrors for now. After remembering how much vibration there was in the ones I had for the Jeep, I just don't see the need. I am going to put the little circular blind spot mirrors on the stock ones though. Makes a lot of sense what with the blind Spot.

Thanks again

Rick

P.S. On the video camera, I have a bunch of lipstick cameras I could attach to the top of the trailer and wire into the lcd, but I'm just not sure it is worth all the trouble.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Dennis Fink said:
'73 Lincoln Mark IV towing '74 Serro Scotty Sportman.
Dennis-

Lincoln Mark IV. Now that is a classy and capable tow vehicle. Comfortable, stable, gobs of torque. It probably rode like a boat with or without the trailer.

-njjoe

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
njjoe said:
If GripperDon was faced with this same problem he probably would have installed a remote camera at the back of the trailer that would play through the in-dash display.

-njjoe
:D Just get a remote pan and tilt webcam, hook it up to a laptop and put the laptop on the dash or passenger seat.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Any updates as to if anyone has found anything for Mo. towing mirrors??? I just got a camper and would love something to work, I plan on calling CIPA to see if they have anything.

Thanks,

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
mule-

Here are eight different towing mirrors from the J.C.Whitney catalog. It looks like two or three may fit the MO.

Towing Mirrors

Good luck.

-njjoe

·
Registered
470 Posts
Re: Re: Trailering Mirror suggestion?

Why was the installation of the hitch a nightmare ?

I just installed a Uhaul hitch made by Valley and towed a Uhaul 5x8 trailer 300 miles from Spokane to Seattle.

Uhaul rents this trailer for 3 days for $50. This trailer is about as wide as the Murano and I had no problem seeing with the Murano side mirrors which are quite large and adjustable.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks njjoe, I will look into them...

HuskyFan, The mirrors work fine for the most part, I can see down the sides of my trailler, however, I cannot see anything even slightly behind the trailer. Hopeing to extend a little to see if there is anyone behind me, especially if I pull over to the shoulder and back on the road on a side street.

·
Registered
470 Posts
mule said:
Thanks njjoe, I will look into them...

HuskyFan, The mirrors work fine for the most part, I can see down the sides of my trailler, however, I cannot see anything even slightly behind the trailer. Hopeing to extend a little to see if there is anyone behind me, especially if I pull over to the shoulder and back on the road on a side street.
Only thing I could see out the back window was the large orange Uhaul sign which made you think someone was following really close.

I made sure I didnt have to back up buy planning ahead when I stopped. Once the car was home, I was able to unhook the trailer and push it where ever I wanted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts