Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed tranny fluid leaking from the CVT on my 03 Murano. Brought it to the dealer who tells me cooling fins on transmission were smashed through the scoop by foreign object, thereby cooking my pan and transmission. Cost of replacementf and labor will be ~ $6800. Insurance will cover some, but not all of this bill. Dealer says no warranty because it was caused by debris from road. I say warranty should apply because this is a design defect (i.e., putting such a sensitive and crucial component in such a vulnerable area). Has anyone had any success with Nissan on a warranty claim of this nature? I'm bummed out.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Try your auto insurance

The debris which obviously fell off a truck in front of you and was bouncing around on the roadway could not be safely avoided and it damaged your Murano.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Design defect? That's a stretch.

Do you recall hitting something? Maybe a parking bumper or a curb? In order to break through the CVT case you would need one heck of a shock, and it would have been strong enough to be felt throughout the car.

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
This should be covered under your vehicle comprehensive coverage. Its the same as hitting debris on the road.

Even if you damaged it hitting a high concrete curb stop pulling into a parking space, it would be like hitting a pole with your bumper - again, covered by your automotive insurance - this time under the collision coverage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts